• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Sen. Dan Patrick said on his facebook page that he's expecting a special session and intends to bring campus carry and the TSA groping bill back.
    Good news-I'll ask, & I'm sure others will, to put following on special session call: Sanctuary cities, Congressional map, Campus Carry, 10th Amendment Resolution, Healthcare Compact, & HB 1937 TSA ANTI GROPING BILL. We should not use 21 blocker rule in special and pass everything D's blocked.​

Maybe it's not over?

Fred B.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dallas
    Just received the following from my son who is a Tech student.......

Jeramy D. Kitchen posted in Young Conservatives of Texas at Texas Tech.

Jeramy D. Kitchen 4:11pm May 30
    As posted by SCCC:

Last night, Texas Senator Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth) filibustered a key fiscal matters bill that must be passed in order for the state budget to balance. If the bill’s supporters in the Senate aren’t able to muster a four-fifths majority to revive the bill today, Governor Perry will be forced to call a special session of the Texas Legislature. The governor has warned the Democrats that if they succeed in killing this fiscal matters bill and forcing a special session, he will make sure that the special session includes other issues they killed during the regular session. We need YOU to call and/or fax Governor Perry’s office TODAY and ask that he include campus carry in that list of issues.

While Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is a nonpartisan organization that enjoyed the support of a number of prominent Democrats (most notably Senator John Whitmire) during the 2011 Texas Legislative Session, there is little question that certain Democratic lawmakers played key roles in killing our campus carry bills. As you’ll recall, two Democratic Senators ( Leaving Facebook... | Facebook) managed to slow down the progress of Senator Wentworth’s SB 354 by lying to both their colleagues and the public about the bill’s potential impact. And when Senator Wentworth finally got campus carry passed out of the Senate as an amendment to another bill, a Democrat in the House managed to kill that bill on a parliamentary point of order. Despite having the support of at least 90 of 150 Representatives and 20 of 31 Senators, campus carry failed because a small minority was able to tie up the legislation with political gamesmanship.

Please contact the governor’s office TODAY (even if you’ve already done so in the past), and ask that campus carry be added to the special session call.

The Honorable Rick Perry
    Office of the Governor
    VOICE: (512) 463-1782
    FAX: (512) 463-1849 (Remember, you can send two free faxes per day from your web browser, using FaxZero.com)

Thank you,

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
    Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

Last ditch effort Ya'll

- Jeramy Kitchen
    Chairman
    Another Texas Senator Needs to Fact Check His Arguments
    CampusCarry.com - Explaining the Concealed Carry on Campus Debate

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Rep. Simpson says it's on. Let's get campus carry and TSA nullification on Gov Perry's mind.
    David Simpson for Texas State Representative District 7
    It looks like we're going to have a special session for several pieces of legislation important to the Governor. He can call for legislation at will during a special--if you desire to protect our 4th amendment rights please call or email his office and encourage him to include the TSA anti-groping bill (HB 1937) in the special session!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I suspect Austin was flooded with complaints (including mine) and some attitudes were adjusted.

I read in the Chronically Wrong that the Dems were complaining that there wasn't enough public participation in the finance bills. Somebody needs to point out to them that they ARE our elected participants. Quit whining and get the job done.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Our Texas Government and Governor Perry's strong leadership brings good times to our Great State once again ! Thus far in spite of the "Windys and Burn 'ems"
    and their ilk. And because many who can't chew gum and walk at the same time, the idiocy of texting while driving is happily now a no-no..Some folks just don't get it while driving, but the State is making it safer, step by step, thank goodness.

And, of course making life safer for the lawful citizens by making it easier to protect life, liberty, family and possessions against the lawless via good and better firearms legislation....Gangstas, zombies, and thugs will always be among us but we are able to thin their ranks when necessary to maintain the peace and dignity of our State and our personal lives !

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmm...

seems like i have read some pretty horrible shit about dewhurst regarding this issue. will have to look that up.

will report back.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Texting and driving is stupid, but what about dialing a phone number at a stoplight? Im sorry but i don't support legislation that will likely screw me one day.

Also why should the government make money off of someones stupid decision. I dont support the government taking away my right to change the song on my phone while driving. You wont see me texting though.

I am about to get some really dark window tint. :banghead:

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^^ i was actually planning on getting rid of it. if i didnt post so damn much it wouldnt be a problem, but after some back and forth it gets to be a little much all in one page.

but i think it is a super cool illusion.

Top Bottom