Speed Laws and States Rights

Status

photofreeman

Jan 12, 2009
Take a look. In Texas the Maximum speed limit is 70mph. (80 in west Texas)
Read on down a bit and you will find our speed limits are "ours" only if the Federal Govt. doesn't decide to impose a different limit. The Feds. do this by threatening to cut off Federal Highway funds. So our law is written to cave into this automatically. This came to be after the famous 55mph of
Jimmy Useless Carter. The entire country was blackmailed by having Uncle Sam offer to give us less of our own money back.

Now how is obama going to take our guns.

545.362 D
TRANSPORTATION CODEÂ*Â* CHAPTER 545. OPERATION AND MOVEMENT OF VEHICLES

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
It may just be too late at night, but I'm confused as to what point you're trying to make if any.

About all I can get is about state rights and Obama and guns. No one will admit it, but Obama has been very vocal (if you actually read whole quotes) in supporting states and cities rights to make their own decisions. Many of the "anti gun" sounds bites used against him were tiny pieces taken from quotes or statements that support cities and states to make their own decisions on gun laws.

The whole "Obama supports DC and LA" thing was actually a from a statement where he was supporting them in doing what they felt was right.

But then again, the haters filter words to fit their agenda, then send emails to 47k people and post on internet forums.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
I think the jist of what Photofreeman was getting at is that it's possible we could see further erosion of our 2A rights (as well as others I'm sure) by use of what basically amounts to financial extortion from the federal government in a similar manner to the afformentioned subject of federal and state speed limits. At least, that's what it sounds like he was getting at. Personally, I wouldn't put anything past the anti's.

DopaVash

Apr 23, 2008
Kingwood, Tx
I think there has to be enough popular opinion that somehow restricting 2a would save lives. I don't think that is now nor will it be possible to inflict that type of restriction on firearms. Too much preemption, too much rabble. Something to keep an eye on, tho.

photofreeman

Jan 12, 2009
Its funny that every time one comments on Obama his worshipers invoke the "hate" word. The same scum that openly hated Bush and said so. They can hate because they hate the politically correct things and people. JKTEX you are stupid to believe that your lord Obama supports the second amendment.

And the first post speaks to the way the federal government will force state government to take away our rights is by pulling on the purse strings. Nothing a politician likes less than getting less money from uncle Sam.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
Its funny that every time one comments on Obama his worshipers invoke the "hate" word. The same scum that openly hated Bush and said so. They can hate because they hate the politically correct things and people. JKTEX you are stupid to believe that your lord Obama supports the second amendment.

And the first post speaks to the way the federal government will force state government to take away our rights is by pulling on the purse strings. Nothing a politician likes less than getting less money from uncle Sam.
Are you so afraid that you have to thrown personal attacks around to cover up the fact that you have no intelligent response? Your post didn't make sense to me; apparently not to you either or you would have clarified.

Obama ain't my lord; I didn't vote for him; I didn't support him. But I'll sure think for myself and not fall into the marching line of zombies allowing someone else to tell me what to think. 90% or more of the crap that the thinkless did and still do keep spouting about Obama is and was twisted, taken out of context or just plain convenient sound bites.

That said, Obama is not a King, he's not a dictator, he is the President of the United States whether you or I like it or not. He can't shake a magic wand and make things happen. We have to watch every little thing Congress touches and make sure we are pushing our representation to do do what we feel is right.

Of course you can sit on an internet forum and halucinate and call people names in hopes no on realizes you're out of thoughts and ideas and need someone to tell you how to continue.

Is there something concrete that makes your post applicable or valid or just a dream or fantasy?

I don't plan to respond anymore to this and will try to avoid any of your posts if name calling and personal attacks are all you got to support your trips. :rolleyes:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
Actually, there is much evidence that Obama is very anti-gun. And the thing about his speeches being taken out of context? No. "Shall not be infringed". I don't see any limitation on that like "Congress shall make no law", do you? Localities have no more legal ability to infringe than the Feds (even though they all do it anyway).

Fire up Google and check out Obama and Joyce Foundation. He was on the board of directors. Joyce funds several anti-gun groups and has a whole anti-gun section in their organization and website. The man is responsible for funding abominations like Freedom States Alliance, IACP, LCAV (really bad one!), VPC and "studies" showing how wonderful the world would be without guns.

You may think he's "not very" anti-gun, but he is. You may say that his anti-gun position has been blown out of proportion, but it really hasn't.

photofreeman

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks M. Sage.
JkTex, honestly there is no ignore list I'd rather be on than yours.

Status

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics