Join TexasGunTalk

Spooked by current events

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by IXLR8, Apr 9, 2020.

1. IXLR8

IXLR8 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Is it just me, or has your spidey senses just started to tingle. I have been optimistic about the events of the past few weeks. Some items were just flat amusing. But it is looking like it is taking a more ominous turn.
    Your thinking that maybe I am being just a little too cautious. I am seeing a rapid decline in the ability of society to deal with the current events. Am I going to dig a hole and hide in it? No, I don't think that is the way it works. However, I do think a little increased vigilance is required.
    It is like when it ices here in Houston, which is almost never. I feel comfortable about driving in it, because I have the skill to do it. Then I look around and see people crashing recklessly around me. The best choice then is to just head home and wait it out.
    My point is, perhaps you should pay just a little more attention to your surroundings.

2. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Your either pedator or prey!

Texasgordo, Reinz, V-Tach and 2 others like this.
  3. kbaxter60

kbaxter60 Hill Country State of Mind

Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    It's not just you. Much here was not making sense. So I started watching the "news stories" with the mindset of "this is all fake". Interesting how it looks with that perspective. You notice that they show a lot of dramatic cases of people who are sick. Then you notice that they say things like "was showing the symptoms of covid", NOT "tested positive for Covid". Weird. Then you notice how shrill they sound while trying to panic you. Try it! It gets a little surreal after a bit. So, I don't know about the "ominous turn", but the spidey senses continue to scream at me.
    Also, there have been numerous positive signs (empty hospitals, excess ventilators, deaths flattening, etc),yet we hear very little of this "news". Why? One more: they continually update the "numbers", speaking of deaths and "tested positive", but almost zip about "recovered". Why???

Wiliamr, seeker_two and IXLR8 like this.
  4. IXLR8

IXLR8 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    So when all of this started I spent a lot of time looking at this site:
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
    I have failed to see any recovered cases shown. I look at my local KPRC news site and you see that there are a percentage that recovered, and a percentage that died. Not a good thing but an expected result.
    Why does what I thought was reputable source like Johns Hopkins, not reflect the actual results.
    It really makes me want to dig out my tin foil hat.... :)

5. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They don't want you to know.
    Given the ways they are reporting deaths as "covid death" also artificially inflates that number by a lot.
    Something to think about. The CDC knows how many people died in Jan-March for the last umpteen years. Accounting for population increase, they know about how many will die for the same time period this year. By geographic region if not by counties.
    Death certificates are filed at least weekly if not daily with the county. Estates can not be settled if they are not. Counties know how many are filed each week. At least raw numbers. They can call counties for a geographic region, say NYC, and get a total.
    The relationship between expected deaths, actual deaths total and reported covid deaths will show just how deadly it is.
    Also,,in all the models, numbers and commentary, no one is factoring in the estimated 80% of people that have it and show no symptoms and won't ever know they had it.
    That drops the death toll percentage by a LOT. They are basing probable death and rates on proven cases. Which is a very small part of the population even in the worst hit areas.
    Too many numbers don't add up.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

6. Rhino

Rhino Active Member

Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    The solidarity in the media, with so few dissenting voices and journalistic questions being raised is frustrating.

seeker_two, kbaxter60 and IXLR8 like this.
  7. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    First of all, don't panic.
    Take a deep breath and remain calm.
    Just pay attention to what is going on around you.
    Use just plain common sense.
    Remain calm.

JCC, IXLR8, EZ-E and 3 others like this.
  8. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    It may seem like I am really worried, but I'm not. What worries me the most, is what is being done because of it worth what we are doing to fight it?
    I'm tired of not getting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Instead of an agenda driven truth.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

EZ-E, digger, Axxe55 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Moonpie

Moonpie U.S. Rifle M1 caliber .30 Lifetime Member

From the very beginning of this I was skeptical.
    Yes, the danger is very real. Especially to people who are At Risk due to age/health.
    Am I going to live under a rock? No. Every day when you step out your front door you are at risk of something getting you. Car wrecks, crime, other diseases, act of god, general dumbassery, you name it.
    You can't plan for everything.
    Yes, a few basic precautions are called for. Washing hands, standing back from people, etc.
    Fact is the standing back thing is right up my alley. I never liked people being all up in my space anyway.
    Basic hygiene and sanitation should of been practiced long before now.

The panic is just plain stupid. A few extra supplies is always a good thing but stocking up like it is The End of Days is retarded.

As for the media: This entire covid thing has been nothing but a prolonged and ongoing attack on Orange Man. Like he could've done a damn thing about it. Bitch, Please.
    The MSM and their relentless attacks and blame throwing are traitorous scum.
    I have not believed the media for my entire adult life except for weather reports. And they usually get that wrong as well. The MSM has been bought and paid for by anti-American forces, bent on destroying America, for at least 50yrs.
    You're a fool to believe them.

I've no doubt the ChiComs developed the covid-19 and thru either accident or intentionally released it to damage America because Orange Man kicked them in the balls over unfair trade practices. I think they intended to release it to see how it would affect a population but it quickly got out of control. Now the entire world suffers because of a ChiCom bitch fit.

Wiliamr, BuzzinSATX, JCC and 18 others like this.
  10. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    My either?

roadrunner and skfullen like this.