• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I need a bolt for my project 1903 and have noticed they list non used GI bolts and was wondering if anyone on here has ordered one from them and if so the condition the bolt was in when you recieved it.
    ARJ Defense ad

hk boy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I've bought stuff from them before, but did not buy your particular item though
    merchandise came as as advertised and in a timely manner
    if merchandise is not in stock, they'll tell you up front and won't charge your credit card until it is shipped. I ordered my stuff over the phone.
    hope this helps

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    One of the guys I work with has ordered some stuff from the before he did have one issue with them. He ordered the Pachmayr (SP?) rose wood grips with the wrap around finger grooves for his SS colt 1911 and the emblem on the sides were supposed to be the colt emblems and when he got them in, they were the rose wood grips with the rubber wrap around finger grooves but they had the Pachmayr emblem on the sides. Not a real big deal but it happened. That is the only problem he has had with them and had his catalog not destroyed he might have had a refund or something from what he said about their customer service it wasn't bad at all. Good luck.

Rottweiler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Hill Country
    I got one of those bolts from them. I keep it with my match gear for when I shoot my 03a3 at a service rifle match as a "fast fix" If my bolt goes down because of a broke firing pin or extractor, I'm back in bidness in seconds instead of going home early.

The Bolt was as good as any I've ever seen. It probably didn't need it but I did replace the firing pin spring with a wolff because it felt kinda soft compared to the one in my 03a3.

Before you ask...I did check the headspace with both bolts. The new bolt matched up the headspace almost exactly as the current one

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I got one of those bolts from them. I keep it with my match gear for when I shoot my 03a3 at a service rifle match as a "fast fix" If my bolt goes down because of a broke firing pin or extractor, I'm back in bidness in seconds instead of going home early.

The Bolt was as good as any I've ever seen. It probably didn't need it but I did replace the firing pin spring with a wolff because it felt kinda soft compared to the one in my 03a3.

Before you ask...I did check the headspace with both bolts. The new bolt matched up the headspace almost exactly as the current one

Thanks for the info I'm about to osder mine I guess. Wish mine was gonna be a nice on e for service rifle but was allready set to be a sporter when I got it. Its gonna stay that way cause my grandfather started it back in the late 60's to early 70's and I want to finish it what he started.

treyw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Central TX
    I've ordered alot of items from Sportsman's over the years. The only issue I had was with a set of stag 1911 grips. They advertised they would fit factory 1911 Colt, Kimber, Etc, Etc. When installed the screws wouldn't reach the bushings by a considerable amount. I was able to have a knife making buddy thin them out enough to fit so in the end that even turned out to be a good deal. I wouldn't worry too much about dealing with them, and if it's not what you wanted I expect their customer service to be pretty good.

Top Bottom