Sportsman's guide

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by texas_teacher, Apr 26, 2009.

1. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I know they have a long backorder time on certain calibers etc. but I was wondering if anyone had any success stories or nightmares dealing with them and ammo shipments. I have looked around on the BBB and other review websites and people complain and complain about their service but it was all dealing with other things and none of the complaints pertaining to ammo. So I seek answers amongst my fellow ammo aficionados.

:fighting0010:
    (WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! What in the hell are you doing smiley? Don't you know ammo is being rationed? Oh what the hell. Why fight something that feels so good to do?)

2. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I've always had good luck with them. I have only bought ammo and never backordered anything. I always have it on my doorstep within the allotted timeframe and never had a cancelled order like I have with some other places.

3. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I used them once and it was fine.

BTW, I don't see how buying ammo would really be any different that buying anything else. They sell "stuff". They either ship it as expected or they screw it up. :rofl:

4. BombthePeasants

BombthePeasants Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I have bought many boxes of ammunition from them, without any issues. Right now I have an order for .30carbine from them, but it is delayed, but that is to be expected, since every single online retailer of .30carbine ammo is backordered...I would gladly recommend them to any and everyone, they're greatness.

5. Wayne

Wayne New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Copperas Cove
    I've dealt with SG for a lot of years now. No problems whatsoever. But I guess they are trying to get in on the ammo shortage gouging lately. Last flyer I received from them, 1,000 rounds of Federal XM-193 for $999.99!!! Gotta be a typo, maybe not.

6. randy4bb

randy4bb Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Liberty
    sportsmans

hey they have been as promised to me; you can always save a little utilizing their $10 coupon codes

7. brickboy240

brickboy240 Active Member

May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    The only reason I stay away from them is their shipping prices....kinda on the high side.

Other than that....zero problems with the company in general. I just cannot jusfity buyg ammo from them.

- brickboy240

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Member

Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I wouldn't say their shipping cost are high. I just ordered 2 cases of Wolf 55gr HP ammo back in March-it was on back order until June,but I guess it came in early because I received an email and the ammo two weeks ago.The shipping was under $20,and for the weight of the box,wasn't a bad price for shipping.

9. hk boy

hk boy Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    used them once, everything went fine
    their call center is located in Minn

10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    No problems here.....