Lynx Defense

Springfield Armory Range Officer 1911 (Dallas)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I have a NIB Springfield "Range Officer" 1911 for sale. I took this pistol in trade last year, so I would have two RO's.
    It comes with all of the original accessories, paperwork, and case.
    It is unfired, except for when it was test fired at the factory.

I am asking $750.
    I realize this is what the gun would sell for in most retail stores, but it has never been fired by me or the previous owner.
    There would be no sales tax or Federal paperwork.
    And best of all it is available, unlike most retail stores.

I have two of these firearms. The one I shoot is by far the best "out of the box" 1911 I have ever owned. That Includes pistols I have previously owned such as Les Baer and Wilson Combat.

I prefer to deal FTF here in the Dallas area. Arrangements can be made, at the buyer's expense, to ship FFL to FFL in your area.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited by a moderator:

jwomack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Im here. Is is an evil black gun? Pics?

Ps......It's Angelia. No NNNNNNNNN.
    Everybody gets that wrong. Just call me Angie.

Price is right....take it If it is black and sell it later it will not lose its saleability

thumbed on my "smart phone"

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    No pictures at this time.
    My pistol looks like any other Range Officer in any of Springfield's ads. Black finish with rosewood grip panels.

I took this Range Officer in trade thinking I was going make a project gun out of it. I was going to have it blued and then polished like Colt used to do years ago. After acquiring this RO, a guy I work with offered to sell me an old Colt he owned. It was almost like new condition and was everything I wanted, without having to invest more money in the RO. A little trigger work and it was perfect.

I am in no hurry to sell either this pistol or the Colt gold Cup I have listed. Just trying to make some room in the gun cabinet.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I would not sell mine for $1,300! It is the best out-of-box 1911 I ever bought for $799!

I spoke to a Springfield Armory customer service rep, and she told me the RO is one of the few Springfields manufactured entirely in the USA. Their lower grade models are imported from Brazil.

You've got a top notch gun for sale at a rock-bottom price.

Hope this post helps to motivate someone to buy your pistol.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Army 1911 and I have discussed this pistol. We are getting together tomorrow afternoon so he can take look at it.

Thanks for the AR lower offer, but I have 4 Rock River ARs in .223 and 1 LAR 8 in .308, so I am AR satisified.

SIDE NOTE:
    I have one SA Range Officer and one SA "Loaded" that I shoot regularly. The loaded has had over 20,000 rounds fired through it, and it is still very tight and has a really nice "custom trigger job" stock trigger pull due to the thousands of trigger cycles.
    My first Range Officer came "new in the box" with a very nice trigger pull and it fired everything I put in the chamber. I normally shoot Oregan Trail Laser Cast 200 gr. lead semi-wad cutter bullets. This round will not cycle in most new tight 1911s, but the Rqange Officer ate them up with no problems. I assume this unfired Range Officer I have for sale will be just as ferocious.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    dammit - if he changes his mind - i'm in Carrollton and would be very interested.......how did i miss this thread originally? :(

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The pistol sold yesterday.
    I had this pistol listed on this website for a couple of weeks with no interest. Thanks to ITSAWONDERTO for his bump that got things going again.
    With the original lack of interest, I had decided to proceed with my original idea of refinishing this pistol. I had contacted a refinisher to do the work. Then all of a sudden everyone wanted the pistol. I had to contact the refinisher and cancel the plans.
    I hope ARMY1911 enjoys his new Range Officer as much as I do my other RO.
    I appreciate the interest everyone showed. Sorry I don't have a couple more for you guys.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I am one of those guys that will buy a 1911 on impulse and then sell it later on because something else has caught my eye.
    I have several 1911s, so something else might become available in the near future.

I ain't "married" to anything I have.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom