• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I have two XD40 subcompacts (one for me and one for my wife for CC), an XD 45 5"barrel, and today bought myself a 4" XD9 for my birthday. That ought to tell you what I think of the Springfield XD line! I also own some revolvers and other brands of semi-auto pistols, but I am a BIG fan of the XD Springfield guns!
    DK Firearms

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Check with Sporting Arms for pricing as well. There's not really a lot of room for big discounts on the XD's, but they'll get you a great price, although they are here in Texas (down the road from me in Lewisville) so you'll still have taxes.

Seems like they quoted me in the $475 range for a .45. Even other online dealers were in the low to mid $500 range. I could have saved $50 or so at least.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    Late to the party. Just wanted to let you know that i use my XD40 subcompact as my truck gun. It rides with the 12 round clip with space adapter inserted and the 8 round (I think) mag close by.

When I get out to go into a convenience store (better known as a stop and rob in this area), I swap mags and drop it in my front pocket to be my "go to" instead of the Bersa thats riding in a pancake at the small of my back. I always feel like

On a buying note-I got this about a year ago. I was going to buy a new one and my gun contact at the pawn shop called and said he had a trade in that had all the goodies for $50 off new price. At that time they were selling for $425 new.

One thing to watch if you use it as a truck or carry gun. The slide does not have the same finish as a Glock and will rust. I oil it at least once a month, because the the matte black finish, you don't see the rust start, just when it starts to brown.

TXB4Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    One thing to watch if you use it as a truck or carry gun. The slide does not have the same finish as a Glock and will rust. I oil it at least once a month, because the the matte black finish, you don't see the rust start, just when it starts to brown.

The newer model Xd's are supposed to have a different type of finish on the slide to prevent this from happening. Only time will tell if the new finish holds up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom