• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I just bought a XD40. What a good feeling handgun. I really like the grip safety. I haven't shot it yet and I am really anxious to see if it lives up to it's reputation. One negative thing is how hard it is to load the magazine, even with the included EZ loader. I sure hope the mag spring loosens up after shooting a few boxes.
    Venture Surplus ad

kokamo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Liberty Hill, Tx
    If it's new, it will be a little stiff for a while. Use a loader and it will help from making your fingers sore. Keep the mag loaded to full capacity while you store it and the spring will loosen a little bit.

Your gonna like it. I have an XDM 40 and it's the best shooting pistol I have ever shot!

BTW, check out XDtalk.com.....lots of info from other XD owners.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    XD new mags are a little tough. Get an upLula loader and you can load it faster (and easier), shoot more, and loosen it up quicker. Have fun with the new gun; XD's can be addictive. Just bought my 5th one.

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One negative thing is how hard it is to load the magazine, even with the included EZ loader. I sure hope the mag spring loosens up after shooting a few boxes.
    Some of the factory loaders are tight. If the loader doesn't slide back up from the magazine spring's pressure, take some sandpaper and sand the inside. There's a video on YouTube on how to use the XD Gear loader.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have a XD40. I still prefer my 1911, but the XD is a great backup. You can even convert it to a 9mm by changing out the barrel, recoil spring, and mags.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Best thing for a stiff mag spring is to load/unload it repeatedly. That's the only time that the spring is actually being worked, and that's what is going loosen up the stiffness in it. When you're watching tv, or some other mindless task that doesn't take concentrating on what you're doing, just sit there and load/unload it several times. Lulas work great for this. After a while, you'll notice it get smoother and smoother.

Top Bottom