• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I've been watching for that purple label for what seems like several years now!!! Haven't caught the Divine reserve in a long while. I about freaked out when I saw it at HEB plus and made husband put an IPA six pack back so we could snatch two six packs of this.

I didn't look up the details yet about this particular batch. But...

I REALLY LIKE IT!

Tastes kind of chocolatey.

Anyone else know about Divine Reserve?

ETA: yep, chocolate wheat, I knew it.
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/337/264148/

and ... I've almost stopped posting about it but I'm still gushing about this... I'm so beyond excited to find this beer and have it
    be this good!!!
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    My go-to beer is Miller High Life Light in the 12 oz. bottles.

For a night-cap I'll take a sip of German Apfel Schnapps.

Just recently found that Jim Beam makes an Apfel with a bit of Bourbon infusion.

It hits the belly just right when ice cold.

Be well.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Chocolate flavored beer...couldn't do it.

Good, that leaves more for those that appreciate a good porter. And to the uneducated (hint:GHG), it isn't a liquid Hershey bar, it is an ale that is malt forward (as opposed to some wimpy IPA that is over hoped) with hints of chocolate and coffee.

My go to porters are Black Butte Porter by Deschutes (Oregon) and Polygamy Porter Nitro by Wasatch (Utah).

If you want to stay local with a year round brew, Number 22 by Big Bend in Alpine is not bad.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lol!

I love (and brew) styles that run the full range from full malt and nearly no hops (1 oz in a 5 gal batch) to some heavily hopped IPAs. I made an IPA with a big grain bill once that was awesome. 75 bucks for the grains hops and yeast. Ended up at 10.5% ABV but it had zero astringency, so it didn't seem like it. Easy to drink, easy to drink too much. I brew a lot of smoked porters with 80L chocolate malt, want to do a coffee porter too. I keep saying I'm going to make an Oktoberfest, but lagering takes soooo long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Good, that leaves more for those that appreciate a good porter. And to the uneducated (hint:GHG), it isn't a liquid Hershey bar, it is an ale that is malt forward (as opposed to some wimpy IPA that is over hoped) with hints of chocolate and coffee.

My go to porters are Black Butte Porter by Deschutes (Oregon) and Polygamy Porter Nitro by Wasatch (Utah).

If you want to stay local with a year round brew, Number 22 by Big Bend in Alpine is not bad.

Hey now. Miller High Life sent me a master's degree in the mail. Associate degree mailed from Coors.

IPA beers taste like oak bark seeped in boiled creek water. It's straight nasty. No matter how much they charge for it. Or the hipster ingredients they stick in it. Coffee and Choclate overtones?

I want a beer. Not Starbucks.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    IPA beers taste like oak bark seeped in boiled creek water. It's straight nasty. No matter how much they charge for it. Or the hipster ingredients they stick in it. Coffee and Choclate overtones?

See? That is what I mean by uneducated. I agree IPA is nasty, but it does not have Coffee or Chocolate overtones.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

Honest question: what makes an IPA "wimpy" compared to a malt-forward ale? Is it the flavor profile that you're referring to, or alcohol content?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Honest question: what makes an IPA "wimpy" compared to a malt-forward ale?

Honest answer: Nothing. I was just trolling the IPA drinkers. BTW, IPA is an ale, but is made with more hops than malt. Porters and stouts are also ales, but are just the opposite - more malt than hops.

There are really only 2 kinds of beers - ales and lagers - and it is about the brewing process, not the ingredients.

The many various styles of ales and lagers are mostly about the ingredients.

Top Bottom