• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The patient's internet WiFi will not all me to go to any firearms related website!

I can check out the commies on CNN, youtube is fine as is Facebook, but not Glocktalk.com, [url]www.TexasGuntalk.com[/URL] or AR15.com.

I can't even get to [url]www.brownells.com[/URL] oir Midway USA!

They have simple restricted the access.

Has anyone run into this in other hospitals? For the price patients are paying, I should be able to go to any website I want!

I need to find an email address to complain to!
    Lynx Defense

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Incredible mediical service. I mean this is the only hospital that I would ever go to (except Ben Taub for trauma as they get the most practice).

But if you can access [url]www.4chan.org[/URL] you should be able to get to texasguntalk!

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Had the same issue this summer when my wife was in Memorial Herman in the Woodlands... got a message that all websights referencing "weapons" were banned.... I couldnt even access my Army Knowledge Online account

Pawdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Kimble, Texas
    My wife had surgery at St. Luke's last January 2009, and was there for four days. I stayed with her the entire time, using my laptop as she slept. As I recall, there was no block on firearms websites then, as I frequented different firearms forums pretty much daily.

Must have some new liberal anti IT staff......:confused:

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    One thing I have not been able to find was an email for someone to complain about this issue.

and yes, its an issue to me.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    can't get to any "weapons related" sites at Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth either that goes for guests and employees.

No Brownells, No Midway, No TGT, No Trapshooters, BUT I can watch all the tasteless videos I want on Youtube or read liberal horseshit at the Obama Forum, and Move On.

Some of us employees used to get around the proxy settings by Googling the website and accessing via the link and also going to gun websites that don't don't sound like a gun site (IE The High Road) but a friend in Internal Security warned me that we were being watched. Eventually even these "loopholes" were plugged so we don't even try anymore.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Is this St. Lukes of the woodlands or houston? My MIL works in the ER at St lukes of the woodlands and I may have her check it for me just in case.

Top Bottom