• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I decided to kill some time today after class by heading over to Hot Rod Arms here in Tyler and browsing their selection.

The guy that was there today was very nice and helped me a lot. The first AR that caught my eye was a Stag Model 8, Not to offend anyone but the fixed front site is not something I really like, The Stag has the flip down iron sights and was nice and light. It felt really good in my hands.

Stag Arms

The price was about 1140 or so but I kinda figured it to be more around 1300 after I have them add some stuff to it for me.

There was also another one which i think was a rock river operator which I liked a lot also.
    Rock River Arms: NEW! RRA LAR-15 Tactical Operator

Has anyone shot a Stag 8 and if so what do you think?

And What are some other entry level (basic stuff so I can customize to my liking) AR's around the 1000 dollar price range that I should consider?
    Venture Surplus ad

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    There's a lot of entry level stuff out there; online. DS Arms has complete uppers for $275 and complete lowers for $180; you would need a BCG and charging handle and still at $700 or less. CMMG bargin bin rifles are $599 plus shipping. Delton has some stuff that works out around $700. Lots of higher end stuff to be found at the price you are looking out. None are tricked out but are true entry level guns.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    A friend of mine got a Stag Model 2 that we called the Jam-o-matic because he couldn't go halfway through a magazine without a jam. He ran a couple hundred rounds through it and it seems to work OK now, but that's definitely not what I want to see in a rifle.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I have a Stag Model 3 that just runs, it eats anything and everything and with good rounds it will make a 1 inch group at 100 yards. I have been very happy with it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've got a Model 3... it runs great. Personally I think Stags are one of the best value ARs. Good quality and fit and finish for not really more $$ than the lower end guys.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I haven't fired Stag's 8 myself, but I've heard very good things about it. That's actually the exact model of AR-15 that I intend to purchase when money will allow. Friends of mine say they have put thousands of rounds through their Stag Arms Model 8 without cleaning it and it still operates perfectly like the first time it was fired.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I have a Model 2H, and it runs like a dream. Easily over a thousand rounds through it over the last year, and it's great. Eats everything, no failures that weren't user-caused. When the brass catcher gets too full it will jam on spent brass, because the ejection port is blocked. But that will happen to any rifle.

Top Bottom