• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Looking at taking one home in the next week or so, I believe it is the SSP... good price on it, should I grab it or wait another month and go for a kimber?

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    para745004.jpg

heres mine,great gun.It has been 100% reliable.Kimbers are good guns so you have a hard choice.I like the Paras for the ramped barrels and power extractors.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    From what I've heard about Kimbers, the newer ones have had some problems, but YMMV.

Out of the 50k guns they sell a year, they don't have any more problems (probably less) that any other good production manufacture. But based on the number of guns they sell, likely one of the highest production numbers, that small percentage end up on internet forums complaining. Have of the complaints I see are related to new shooter, new to 1911 and not paying attention to what Kimber says to do and use during break in. They're manufactured tighter that most others. But they aren't perfect.

What I'm curious about is just exactly how cheap is the Para? Or how expensive do you think a comparable Kimber is? I can't see there being much difference.

p51mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Spring Texas
    I have a Kimber Team Match II .45 acp that runs flawless. I don't have but about 200 rounds through it but I have not any problems. I use it as my conealed gun. My competition guns are STI .40s.

Gun Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Looking at taking one home in the next week or so, I believe it is the SSP... good price on it, should I grab it or wait another month and go for a kimber?

Get the Para, I have several and never had any issues. Every company has their problems but I have yet to experience it with Para. Plus they shoot sweet.

Top Bottom