• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I just got into the beta today and I was flying until 10PM, so I have only played for a couple of hours.

IMO: Its World of Warcraft in the Star Wars setting except no customizable UI, but a better story, voice acted quests, better crafting system, and everyone has a pet like warlock/hunter (companion).

So far, I think its sweet, but I was a hardcore raiding wow addict for years.

I started playing as soon as I could, then the wife wanted my attention, so after attention/nap I went back to playing and the servers are down. Waahhhh lol.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I have tried Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, and Smuggler so far each to levels 4-7. I thought JC had the coolest story, JK kiscke the most ass, and smuggler was kind fun, kinda frustrating. I have not dies yet...its WAY easy at least in beginning levels.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    So just to follow up, I played every class to somewhere between 5 and 11. I liked them all. I was originally going to go Republic Smuggler, but I loved the story and play of the Empire Bounty Hunter so much that I will be playing that. Sith Assassin was a very cool class with a cool story. Frying people with lightening makes me grin.

Early Access on the 13th...Launch on the 20th. Can't wait.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Im on Sith Wyrm as a bounty Hunter - Lockdown. Thing taht sucks is I am visiting my Wife's parents for a week and my laptop only gets 3 FPS. Beyond unplayable.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I was playing a Commando on Iron Citadel. Now I'm playing an Operative on Shien. It's a gay little RP server. I hate non-PvP servers, but some people I know in RL were playing on that server, so screw it. The game as it is is meh, but I definitely see a lot of potential in it. When I play this game it seems like Vanilla WoW in space with Jedi so I ask myself - What sets SWTOR apart from other MMOs on the market now. One thing that I like about SWTOR that I hope they expand upon is the space combat minigame. It's like playing Star Fox, which is pretty fun. Then there is the companion system. I like being able to collect companions to accompany you on your journeys but I'm not sure that I like how it ties in with the tradeskills.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I am raiding on a Bounty Hunter healer (Bodyguard) on Sith wyrm. I really dig this game. I know it was released with som bugs, and there have been and still are some major bugs in the raiding content, but:
    1) They are constantly fixing problems and frequently releasing hotfixes and patches
    2) Many of the biggest things that are not bugs but still really put people off have been fixed or are slated to be fixed soon which means they are listening to their customers.
    3) I love the voice acted quest/story stuff. Even though I spacebar through it even the 2nd time in some cases, it really drew me in. Unlike leveling in WoW (the only other MMO I have played but I played and raided for years) Where I just looked at how many of X I had to kill, or how many of Y I had to collect, I saw and was part of the big picture which was really cool.
    4) Unlike WoW there were no truely horrible quests where you were screwed by the random generator and stod there killing things over and to finally get something to drop.
    5) Because of the story, I want to play every Base Class of both factions, yeah I will probably skip the side missions and/or spacebar through them, but I want to experience all the main stories.

So yeah, I am addicted and will be playing for a long time to come.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Wow, why? I still LOVE it. A few bugs for sure, but rotten egg?

PVP is horrible. Half the missions to HAVE to do in group and the graphics engine goes nuts when there's more than 6 people in an area. Wasn't impressed with the visual light saber displays either. For something that was in the making for over four years I expected way more. Hutt Ball? Really?!?! o.O

Top Bottom