• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    My older truck cuts out about 98mph, all it took was a tuner to raise the limiter.
    Speeds are limited from the factory due to the tires speed rating.

ETA: I think he has a Camaro, though.
    Yep truck tires like to spontaneously separate at that high speeds not to mention how light and funky they get in winds that high.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Man, I would have enjoyed watching some of you social rebels in the entry line @ HEB this morning where they utilized more employees as traffic cops for aisle-usage than for checking out. :evil:

My GF went yesterday, and told me of the precautions they were trying to enforce.

I can appreciate them attempting to keep the booger eaters in line...

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yep truck tires like to spontaneously separate at that high speeds not to mention how light and funky they get in winds that high.

Keep in mind, my truck is a 2001.
    I realize that the newer trucks come with better tires, and higher limits, now.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Just got back from walmart a couple of hours ago. It looks like traffic on main roads is just like it is every day, walmart's parking lot was full and there were the normal number of people shopping. Perhaps they're not taking the imperial decree real seriously. And I didn't see a single cop anywhere.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just got back from walmart a couple of hours ago. It looks like traffic on main roads is just like it is every day, walmart's parking lot was full and there were the normal number of people shopping. Perhaps they're not taking the imperial decree real seriously. And I didn't see a single cop anywhere.

They're staying home, duh.....

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    This nonsense will only hold water if people obey.......don't.

We don't live in a police state unless we knuckle under.

Go and do what free U.S. citizens do........

Will they arrest all and put them in concentration camps as the jails and prisons are overwhelmed by the numbers of folk who say bs?

And what will L.E. folk do to enable this?

Resign or go along like sheep?

When this police state crap passes, we'll remember those in L.E. who did the right thing and who didn't.........

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    From this Elder Academic Physician, observations, plus comments:

1) The recent ElCampo "case" contracted it in New Orleans, on a trip.

2) At this stage, our greatest fear should be mass evacuations of large urban areas, especially New Orleans. Yes, I know you are in Texas, but that is your greatest threat, too. Remember "Katrina" and where the undesirables went? Houston, few to Dallas or Austin.

3) For the immediate time-being, we should all cooperate with all governmental restrictions except NEVER DISARM, no matter what they tell you !

"Experts" still don't have a good handle on this, and no-one knows what to expect. So, stay home as much as practical. Help your neighbors & family while KEEPING YOUR DISTANCE from everyone.

4) Basic precautions and traditional practices still apply, follow them strictly.

I am in daily touch with TEXMed, both States' Health Departments, TMA, UTHSC, etc. and will advise further as necessary.

Making inflammatory anti-government statements is very ill-advised now. This is not a Civil Rights or Constitutional issue. It IS a serious Public Health crisis !

leVieux
    Sorry, but the public health issue (this is not yet a "Crisis") does not justify the mass hysteria response.

Isolate/protect the at-risk population. Don't wreck our country with a shotgun approach. This bug has little effect on the vast majority who catch it. Probably better off in the long if healthy folks catch it and get it over with.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Time for massive civil disobedience. Set a weekend when every business will open, and not just for drive through. Encourage people not in the at-risk group to get out and save their towns.
    No, the right of the people to peaceably assemble for redress of grievances should be used. A polite, non-mob of people following some reasonable distance rules (hey, if there's 1000 people 6 feet apart from each other it will look a lot bigger!) and not coming if coughing or sneezing should start to get some attention. Carry signs specifically addressing the violation of Constitutional rights.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I'm working on the exterior of a client's house. As long as I can get what I need from Home Depot I will be OK. Keep my distance and use hand cleaner.

Top Bottom