• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Unfortunately, she probably was talking about the situation and her views upset her co-workers and management. If that was the case, if it was me I would not have said a word about anything concerning it at work. If she did talk about it at work she might still have her job if she did not say anything there. It should not have to be that way but in a lot of workplaces now it is.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It could also be she did keep quiet, got accosted at work by idiots and defended her step son. People go to great lengths to be offended and a lot of companies are run by scumbags. Maybe the company fired her for guilt by association.

Looking at the company's Twitter feed (that ratio is glorious btw), seems like they done screwed up.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ... you do not discuss ANYTHING about your private life where you work.

As an HR guy, this ^ is what I tell everyone. No personal photos, no I love me wall, nothing that is not directly related to what the company is paying you to do.

Whether she has grounds for wrongful termination is yet to be seen, but I’ll bet there are more than a handful of firms that will offer to file on her behalf knowing a settlement is most likely, even if the company is 100% justified in the termination.

The company probably also has some problems when it comes to their publicly released statement and her termination. Never publicly discuss reasons for termination. About the only reasonable way for a company to publicly address this is “X is a former employee and as such, the company has no comment on the matter.”

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    It could also be she did keep quiet, got accosted at work by idiots and defended her step son. People go to great lengths to be offended and a lot of companies are run by scumbags. Maybe the company fired her for guilt by association.

Seems like FREEDOM OF SPEECH is no longer applicable in this country.
    Back during WWII there were protesters here in this country that preached Nazi propaganda and were untouched. The general public didn't like it, but they backed the Free Speech granted by the Constitution.
    I read this morning that people are demanding the Texas Rangers baseball team be renamed because the original Texas Rangers that fought and died for Texas Freedom were racists.

Give me an "f-ing" break.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Totally PC. Brooks was served time (7 yrs) case related to theft of Gov. property, resisting arrest, later 7 years for unlawful confinement (3 charges) and beating a minor (step son?), was released due to covid. If he had survived the shooting, another 10 years for resist, assault with weapon (felon already), DUI. Has 5 known aliases. Dumb people do dumb things.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Totally PC. Brooks was served time (7 yrs) case related to theft of Gov. property, resisting arrest, later 7 years for unlawful confinement (3 charges) and beating a minor (step son?), was released due to covid. If he had survived the shooting, another 10 years for resist, assault with weapon (felon already), DUI. Has 5 known aliases. Dumb people do dumb things.

What about "innocent until proven guilty" in a court of law?

Granted, I still think the officers did what they felt they had to do in that situation, and personally don't find fault in their actions.

But statements like yours, to some sort of justification for their actions isn't doing anyone any good. He deserved to be arrested, not killed. And I'm sure in hindsight those officers are second guessing every thing they did that day and what could have been done differently.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    What about "innocent until proven guilty" in a court of law?

Granted, I still think the officers did what they felt they had to do in that situation, and personally don't find fault in their actions.

But statements like yours, to some sort of justification for their actions isn't doing anyone any good. He deserved to be arrested, not killed. And I'm sure in hindsight those officers are second guessing every thing they did that day and what could have been done differently.

Justification for shooting him? No....his attack on the police officers was justification enough. However, unlike most non-LEOs, the officers likely had an idea of who they were dealing with from running a background check on his ID or car tags. They likely knew his record and his risk factors. And they likely knew that they couldn't risk him getting hold of any weapon in a fight. That's just wise and prudent.

Brooks killed himself.....the LEOs just carried the bullet for him.....

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    As an HR guy, this ^ is what I tell everyone. No personal photos, no I love me wall, nothing that is not directly related to what the company is paying you to do.

Whether she has grounds for wrongful termination is yet to be seen, but I’ll bet there are more than a handful of firms that will offer to file on her behalf knowing a settlement is most likely, even if the company is 100% justified in the termination.

The company probably also has some problems when it comes to their publicly released statement and her termination. Never publicly discuss reasons for termination. About the only reasonable way for a company to publicly address this is “X is a former employee and as such, the company has no comment on the matter.”

toddnjoyce,

My guess is that she won't need a job after her lawyers get through suing the company.

yours, satx

Top Bottom