• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Will do. I’m sure no expert but I’ve yet to see a SKS that actually fires not keep it on a pie plate at 100 yards. Something is weird for sure.
    Bring that sight tool and just center the sight to start. Then we can verify his shots are good from his end. I can spend some time on it too I'll bring extra ammo.

If it's a Chinese sks with the later pressed in barrel that will explain larger groups too.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Bring that sight tool and just center the sight to start. Then we can verify his shots are good from his end. I can spend some time on it too I'll bring extra ammo.

If it's a Chinese sks with the later pressed in barrel that will explain larger groups too.
    I failed. Been looking for that SKS sight tool. No bueno. Must have loaned it. If it and I reunite, I’ll bring it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I failed. Been looking for that SKS sight tool. No bueno. Must have loaned it. If it and I reunite, I’ll bring it.
    Well we can adjust the front post per SOP of the manufacturer but pops might not like that. lol. You take a spent case and use it as a punch. I do it that way just to shock people. It's funny.

@EZ-E You got any sight tools at the store?

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I have one. will bring
    Boom!!! In case you forget yours—we’ll have a back up. I was getting pissed. Been looking for this freaking thing for two hours.
    EB204B31-8497-4E5E-8C9C-5858BE1BED1F.jpeg

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I’m going to bring a few things that some might use and I never will. I’ll set a jar on the table and if someone wants a thing, maybe donate a couple bucks to Sterling’s cause. Just toss it in the kitty. I’ll be leaving the jar and any proceeds with EZE asking him to kindly help make its way to Sterling’s direction. Unfortunately I don’t have those direct contacts. Just my “junk”. A few holsters, some stock trigger assemblies, a gun case or two, ZEISS ball caps, etc.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    FYI.
    At my place there's a workbench, wheeler gunsmith bits and driver, long gun cleaning/maintenance rest, gun cleaning kit, bore scope, sand bags.
    Probably some stuff I'm forgetting.
    Anyway, consider this as you load up. You can save a little room by not bringing these items.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

You don't need to bring any more ammo. I'm bringing plenty.. But thanks for the thought.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    @TxStetson

When you get a chance can you update the list for us, please sir?

Almost time to send out PMs with location.

Done and done.

This is what I could glean through the 29 pages of this thread. I believe I have everyone updated with their latest posts. If I'm forgetting anyone or have them marked wrong, feel free to reach out.

East meet Saturday 9-17-22

Attendees:Possibles:
    EZ-Ebaboon
    Sam7sf308nato
    popsgarlandGeezer
    Brainssmittyb
    Glenn Bbenenglish
    MoonpieTnhawk
    candcallenMaverick44
    thescoutranchinnominate
    billtoolTxStetson
    MTA89Dad_Roman
    blueangel64Mom_Roman
    Darkpriest667CaliGunner
    KJQ6945MTA89
    Dawicopopper
    BeatTheTunaUpAKMike
    General Zodwbblazer90
    no2gatespaknheat
    NathanRyan923
    mroper
    Coiled

West meet Saturday 9-24-22

Attendees:Possibles:
    VaqueroTexasRedneck
    easy ridertoddnjoce
    FireInTheWirebenenglish
    robertc1024Charlie
    V-Tachthescoutranch
    jrbfishincycleguy2300
    deemusFishkiller
    vmaxwbblazer90
    TxStetson
    KJQ6945
    Dawico
    SURVIVOR619
    southtexaspilot

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Things have changed for me due to new owners at my apartment complex who insist on a totally unacceptable lease agreement. Thus, I will be moving out of my apartment by the 30th and will be moving stuff out of the apartment on the 17th to either a new place or to my storage locker; has to be that weekend. That's because that is when my son can come by to help me. I already was tied up weekend of the 24th. So, I will not be making either one. My apologies.

Top Bottom