• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Is this why the Scots took up log throwing?

Supposedly it was a way to cross barriers like fast streams, deep ravines and such. But I have no idea why you'd throw the damn thing so that it makes a full revolution instead of just dropping it across.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Sounds like the "mentally challanged" guy that was hunting hogs with a knife, wife and dogs near a buddies place. A big boar got his dog down in the creek bottom(live creek) and was drowning the dog, they fool didn't have any kind of gun and came up to the house wanting to "borrow" a gun to kill the hog, like hell! Anyone who is stupid enough to do something like this for FUN, not SURVIVAL, but FUN deserves what he gets! Hogs is mean critters and travel with their crew, ya gotta even up the odds a little... provide your own damn gun and ammo.

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    Back to topic...
    My son, nephew and I try to stay up on primitive hunting methods...
    We haven't gotten around to sticks yet, but what started with bow and arrow, has devolved to darts, to slingshots, to tomahawks, to throwing knives... I'm thinking throwing stones and fashioning some throwing sticks will be along before spring.
    My girls even get into practicing these things too!
    It's more a part of overall hand-eye coordination and marksmanship skills at this point.
    But in a SHTF scenario where silence is golden and gunfire is loud; I can see where these would be useful skills to acquire in the relative comfort and safety of the environment today. It's much better to learn now, than it is trying to learn these things on the fly, under stress, when your life and/or the lives of others may actually depend on your success or failure.

GO FOR IT! Sounds like fun!

destroyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    peñitas
    I've killed a rabbit.with a sling shot and a rock. The rabbit was running at full speed and bam!! I hit it at about 30 yards away from me :D

Top Bottom