Gun Zone Deals

Stolen Para Ordinance WARTHOG .45 in Austin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cecil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    Austin
    Hey folks I just want to list some information on a gun that I had stolen after some low life broke into my apartment in April 2010. I wish I would have known about this forum then, but as the saying goes better late then never.

It's an all black Para Ordinance .45 Automatic Compact Warthog It has some scuff marks on it from where it resided in a holster most of it's life.

The Serial #145321
    Finish: Black
    Capacity: 10 + 1
    Barrel: 3" Stainless Steel
    Sights: 3 Dot Dovetail
    Grips: Black Polymer
    Hammer: Stainless Stell Spur
    Slide Release: Stainless Steel
    Safety: Stainless Steel
    Magazine: 10 Round Stainless Steel

If anyone has any information on the whereabout of this weapon I would greatly appreciate getting my gun back. I bought it brand new, and saved up waiting months after reading a review to get it waiting on them to hit shelves at my local dealer.

Thanks for creating an outlet to let others know what you have thats been stolen.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Good luck. I aint likely to run across it but I'll be watching.
    I hate thieves!

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Cecil.

Will check this gun through a data base I have access to. Is this gun in NCIC? Contact me off line or PM.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    if you have not entered it into TCIC/NCIC via the police, do so ASAP.
    This way, if they find it anywhere nationwide they can call the reporting PD and they can work on getting it back to you.
    This is what we do at work, plus I had one of mine stolen and it was located during a search warrant.

Scan Texas Gun Trader and google your gun model and Texas, you might get lucky.

CollinLeon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Republic of Tejas
    Hopefully, everyone will report the serial number of their firearms to the police when they get stolen. I always go to my local police department and have the run the serial numbers on any firearm that I am purchasing from an individual on the net. If it has been reported stolen, I will gladly work with the police so that they can be with me at the transaction so that the person can get arrested. I also insist that the person that is selling the firearm signs a bill of sale that I write out beforehand. If you do not report it stolen and I end up buying it, I guess that's your tough luck since I'm legit and I have never given a cop an excuse to run the numbers on any firearm that I was carrying, so it's extremely unlikely that you will ever get your firearm back.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Hopefully, everyone will report the serial number of their firearms to the police when they get stolen. I always go to my local police department and have the run the serial numbers on any firearm that I am purchasing from an individual on the net. If it has been reported stolen, I will gladly work with the police so that they can be with me at the transaction so that the person can get arrested. I also insist that the person that is selling the firearm signs a bill of sale that I write out beforehand. If you do not report it stolen and I end up buying it, I guess that's your tough luck since I'm legit and I have never given a cop an excuse to run the numbers on any firearm that I was carrying, so it's extremely likely that you will ever get your firearm back.
    So what happens if the person you assist the cops in "arresting" has a good background and never had problems what-so-ever just like you? What if he didnt know it was stolen?
    I wouldnt be selling you a gun if you insist I give you my personal info. No ty.

CollinLeon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Republic of Tejas
    Well, that's your prerogative, but I figure that we need to do our part to help combat firearm thefts. If the person that I'm buying from truly didn't know it was stolen, he should be able to convince the police of this or even better, show a receipt where he purchased it from some other person. It's a CYA type of situation. We don't want to be "enabling" the crooks by buying the firearms that they steal, do we?

I believe that technically we are supposed to believe that we are selling to a Texas resident. I'm not sure if it also states that the person that we're BUYING from also has to be a Texas resident. I figure that as long as you know that BBQ is *brisket* and the best wood is mesquite, you *must* be a Texan... :)

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    That, at the very least, made no sense what so ever... I will not even begin to try and explain, because I doubt you would understand, or possibly even want to understand...

CollinLeon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Republic of Tejas
    I do not have a closed mind, so if you can try to explain your reasoning, I'll listen...

I just do not understand why anyone would not want to possibly recover a firearm that they had stolen from them nor why they would not want to help others possibly do the same thing.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    And we still have people beating the "bill of sale" dead horse.

Cecil, I hope you can recover your firearm. The warthog is a fun little package to shoot.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    First you say:

I always go to my local police department and have the run the serial numbers on any firearm that I am purchasing from an individual on the net.

And then:

If you do not report it stolen and I end up buying it, I guess that's your tough luck since I'm legit and I have never given a cop an excuse to run the numbers on any firearm that I was carrying, so it's extremely likely that you will ever get your firearm back.

Well, which is it? Sounds like some stinky stuff ta me, dude. You want a BOS on a deal w/me? Ain't gonna happen. Period.

E V E R

CollinLeon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Republic of Tejas
    I mean to say "extremely unlikely that you will ever get your firearm back"...

I'm just saying that I don't periodically go to the police and have the run the numbers on every firearm that I have ever bought from a private individual and as such, if you have not reported it as stolen before I check the numbers with the police, it's extremely unlikely that they will ever get checked in the future.

If you are not willing to do a bill of sale when selling a firearm to me, I would unlikely buy it from you unless I knew you personally.

Would you buy a car without a bill of sale? If not, then why would you buy a firearm without one? It's one thing to buy an item that does not have serial numbers on it without a bill of sale since you really can't check to see if it was stolen or not, but for something that is traceable, I would think that a bill of sale just protects both parties...

Now, I believe that there probably should be no requirement to put serial numbers on firearms. I believe that the GCA of 1968 and NFA of 1934 should be repealed since they obviously infringe upon our 2nd Amendment rights.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'll buy a firearm w/o a BOS because there's no legal reason to do otherwise. You state they should repeal the GCA of 1968......yet YOU force folks to "register" sales with you. Seems quite a contradiction....

CollinLeon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Republic of Tejas
    Well, no "legal" reason except possibly covering your ass in case a question ever comes up about it... You can buy a car without a bill of sale if you want... You might have a bit of trouble getting it registered for use on the road, but if it is going to be a strictly off-road vehicle, that might not make a difference... Same for off-road motorcycles... Personally though, when I buy an off-road motorcycle, I still get a bill of sale...

Look at it this way... We have a firearm that might have been used to shoot someone at some time in the past... It's an unsolved crime... The perpetrator legally owns the gun and sells it... Maybe it changes hands a few times over the years... At some point, you come to own it and for whatever reason, the police have a reason to do a ballistics match on it... Maybe it was just a case of your having defended yourself from a crook or something -- a perfectly legitimate case of self-defense, but their procedures call for ballistic matching... They then discover that this firearm was used a few years ago in a murder or some other type of illegal shooting... Of course, you can tell them that you didn't even own the firearm at that time, but they're going to be a bit more inclined to believe you if you can pull out a piece of paper that says that you bought the weapon from someone else on a particular date that was later than when the firearm was used in the crime in question... Hopefully, the person that you bought it from kept similar records and the person that he bought it from, and so on and so on... In the best case, this will allow the cops to find the person who did the original shooting... Is that so bad?

Now, from a practical standpoint, at least a few people in the chain of custody of the firearm are probably going to lose their receipts if there were many years separating the original shooter from the last owner...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's NO "CYA" provided by a BOS that a sworn statement won't afford, since BOS's can be ginned up in seconds by anyone. It's always amazing to me how folks seem to think that a BOS will "help" them somehow, forgetting that if someone breaks in and gets their hands on 'em, they've got a ready-made shopping list of where to go look for MORE guns.

But, whatever......of course, then again what do I know? I've only probably bought and sold more guns over the years as my collection grew and interests have changed than many folks will ever own.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom