• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    I will add this to my watch list. I presume you have filed the report. Do you know if your agency is a part of "LeadsOnline"?

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    Pasadena Police Dept. called and said they know who stole the weapon but that it is not recoverable due to the weapon being ditched into a body of water.

I was told that since the perp was a juvenile that details in the report would be sketchy at best. I am wondering if some how I can talk to the judge and request restitution for my loss.

Any ideas?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You need to talk to a lawyer, but I'd guess you can sue the parents.

Better yet find out where he ditched it... get a strong magnet on a rope and go fishing! P225's are only valued at around $350-$400, but they are worth the effort if you can fish it out.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    If Pasadena PD can make a case, (arrest, conviction, etc,) you can be listed as the victim and as such are due restitution as part of his/her sentence.

If not but they know what happened, remember, there is a difference between knowing what happened and proving what happened, and you feel really lucky, you can take the little moron to civil court. The burden of proof is less in civil court, but your chance of actually getting any compensation is somewhere between fat and none.

Hope this is helpful. Contact me off line if have further questions.

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    I will add this to my watch list. I presume you have filed the report. Do you know if your agency is a part of "LeadsOnline"?

It seems the little turd SOLD the pistol to someone he could not remember who it was. Judge sentenced him to 18 months probation and restitution.

Anyway, that pistol is still out there, so please add it back to your list. Also, can you tell me how to easily search the shops for this pistol other than call after call? Thanks

mtaylor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Montgomery, Texas
    Also, can you tell me how to easily search the shops for this pistol other than call after call? Thanks

Before I transfer a used gun I look up the serial number on HotGunz.com I know it doesn't cover ALL the bases, but it is another avenue to alert dealers and pawn shops that use it of the gun.

Top Bottom