Capitol Armory ad

Stopped by Wallyworld just now. Bad sign.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I'm only going to tell you what I was told and tell you what I am afraid it means, so don't take this as anything but that.

I go up to ammo case where lady was organizing or whatever.
    Tell her I'm there to see how bare they are. She chuckles and says it aint gonna get better then tells me HQ started blocking orders of just about everything but 12 gauge. I ask when............This morning. I ask if it has anything to do with Obama meeting. She.doesn't know, apologizes and tells me she's trying to.keep things stocked.

So, I'm assuming Wally caved.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Nah, wouldn't happen that quick.

I ran in to the same thing at academy, I would recommend calling and asking to speak with a manager.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Maybe it's that particular store, as if it were true for the entire chain there'd be a ton of info on it on the various firearms forums I frequent.

Not doubting what she told you, but my experience has been that knowledgeable Walmart employees can be either a hit or a miss...

Cheers! M2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Wally did at one time have S&W Model 29's for $450 back in the day.

However, walmart is more powerful then the government. They dump stock and the dollar tanks. Firearm makers are some of the few, American company structures left. On a grand scale. Billions pass hands.

The real deal, IMT:

Supplier's want to see how stable the market will be. Why sell something that in three weeks might be worth 3 times as much? Slow the chain down so we can see where to make the most money.'

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I hopr you all are correct. She didnt tell me the.store has a new policy. Only that HQ blocked the order of new ammo through the.system. I didnt explain that well. That's why I said Im just making assumptions.

As far as ww being more powerful than the gov......looks to me like they backed down from the snub of not going to ocommie/Biden meeting today.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Right now, not many orders for new ammunition are going anywhere. Everyone's backordered, and a lot of distributors are refusing new orders until the backlog is taken care of. This doesn't mean HQ is blocking their orders, it could just mean they can't currently place one.

I agree that hourly employees aren't going to be likely to have any "inside scoop" on corporate policy changes.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It could very well be that due to limited supplies they are rationing between the stores.

JoeB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Grapevine
    My wife has said all that has happened is home office will now do the ordering instead of the stores...... I tend to agree with younggun....

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    One of my nieces is a district manager over several Wal Mart stores here in Texas. She says nothing different going on. Every year , after the first of the year, corporate evaluates inventory levels for the coming year. Says the last two general election years has drawn inventory levels down much faster than usual. Says new inventory stock should be coming in by late February or early March.Says suppliers are working o/t to fill orders. Says she has heard nothing out of the ordinary from above. L.B.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I know how Obama could get Walmart to cave on guns. Grant them an exemption from Obamacare. Walmart would fold in a second

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Support for no sales without background check and ammo regulations. They need a big backer to counter the NRA

Top Bottom