• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    I'm wondering how most of you store your Hand Guns in the safe. Do you store them out of the original case, or in the original case?

Why I am wanting to know is, I'm running out of room because I store the pistols in the original case. This takes up extra room in the safe, but I am able to keep the mags and other items associated with the Pistol all together.

What's your preference?

Thanks
    Brad
    Gun Zone Deals

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I keep the loose magazines and handguns in the safe without their cases. My safe is small and they would not fit otherwise.

mtaylor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Montgomery, Texas
    I'm wondering how most of you store your Hand Guns in the safe. Do you store them out of the original case, or in the original case?

Why I am wanting to know is, I'm running out of room because I store the pistols in the original case. This takes up extra room in the safe, but I am able to keep the mags and other items associated with the Pistol all together.

What's your preference?

Thanks
    Brad
    Get a larger safe. That's my preference.

My opinion is that most gun cases are not appropriate for long term storage. I don't trust the foam inserts in them.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

What's your preference?

Thanks
    Brad

Original case usually has foam. Don't store a gun in foam or it will rust. The stuff just traps air and soaks moisture. Not good...

I'm a fan of storing guns uncased. Airflow is a good thing when it comes to preventing rust.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i built racks on my safe's door that allow me to clip a holster on to, the extra mags sit on the shelf towards the top of the safe. the original boxes all stay at the top of my closet incase i resale.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    If you can keep all your magazines for a specific gun in the original case, you don't have enough magazines.

I still have enough room in my safe (barely) to give each handgun it's own space on a shelf. Throw in the long guns and some other non-gun valuables, and I can't fit ammo in there. I have one or two magazines for each gun in the safe, loaded, ready to go. The rest are stored with the rest of my ammo outside the safe...along with the factory cases.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    like this, only pic shown out of the safe...one rack for revolvers, and one rack for autos...
    saves space, and can put mags under each gun for easy access.

2010-10-09022152_Haslet_Texas_US.jpg

I like this idea very much. Is this something you purchased or built yourself? Thanks!

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Well, I ordered some of the Hand Gun Racks from Cabela's. This biggest problem is now my wife can actually see just how many pistols I have. I just may be in trouble! Nah, She'll just bitch a little and I'll ignore her as usual! lol

SAFJrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    I have a small safe - so loose with mags off to the side except one that is ready to go. I have a little wooden dow set up in side that holds em ok but not as good as the cabelas or the dish drain idea - i will look into the dish rack.

buellman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I have two racks like high cap's and the rest are in treated padded velcro sealed pouches.Don't like storing them any other way,too easy to get knicks and scratches on them.

Top Bottom