• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luke1249

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    austin
    I got my kids a BB gun and want to put them through the NRA BB gun course. (Not official. I guess I do qualify to award them since I'm an NRA member, but that's not the point.)

I found this: http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/marksmanship/qualbook.pdf Pages 18-19 seem to be relevant to my interests.

I'm unclear about what the criteria are for going from one level to the next. This is the description:

10 bullseyes (set of concentric scoring rings) must be fired for each rating. Each bullseye must contain five shots and the total score for the five shots must meet or exceed the required score. The 10 bullseyes do not have to be fired consecutively or in the same session.​

So, that means that:

1) 10 targets must be shot, each with a minimum of the score for passing that level. (E.g., 20 for Pro-Marksman.)
    2) All five shots have to be within the target, meaning that a target in which there are two 10's and the other three shots totally miss would not count, even though the minimum score (here, 20) would have been achieved.
    3) The 10 qualifying targets do not have to be shot consecutively or during the same session. In other words, once you have 10 targets with the requisite scores, you pass that level.

And if I'm using the TQ-40 target, then the distance would be 5 meters (about 16.5 ft).

Is all that correct?

Thanks.
    DK Firearms

Top Bottom