• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Evolution, son! Diabetus is natures way of weeding out the weak. Several thousand years from now we'll have livers of steel capable of processing massive quantities of chemicals fatal to present day humans. Keep drinking HFCS! It's for the children!

j/k btw... it actually is pretty bad for you. Everything that tastes good is bad for you in one way or the other, however. You could go full atkins and never have to worry about diabetes, but you'll end up having triple bypass surgery when you're 50. I think the best thing to do is to just keep it in mind that sugars aren't good for you at all and to use them in moderation. If your one of those people that drink soda all the time, yeah you probably want to cut back. No reason to obsess over it, tho. To me having great tasting food is one of the joys of life. Eating nothing but nuts and berries is not worth the 10-15years it would add to my life expectancy.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    If you don't watch the whole thing, watch the last 10 minutes. It pretty well summarizes all of the supporting data revealed earlier.

Fructose is really bad for a human.

I was surprised to see the link to Gout, which has been a problem for the past few years.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Fructose is really bad for a human.

Fructose isn't necessarily bad for a human, it's a basic sugar. It's the man-made fructose chains that we consume by the gallons (literally daily for some people) that make it a problem.

Sugars, fats, and carbs are always vilified by groups ... and frankly they are naturally ingested as part of the normal diet. It's when you eat 70% of your caloric intake in one or the other that it becomes unhealthy; ie. sucking down 100 oz. of Coke a day, eating nothing but fried food, and massive carb loading.

The saying, everything in moderation has so much emphasis in dietary regimen.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Evolution, son! Diabetus is natures way of weeding out the weak. Several thousand years from now we'll have livers of steel capable of processing massive quantities of chemicals fatal to present day humans. Keep drinking HFCS! It's for the children!

funny thing is, this could work. lol
    would probably take a bit longer though...

dcfis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    ATX
    Your brain can only utilize glucose. Fructose is converted to glucose and atp. It takes more energy to do this. Therefore eating only fructose burns calories

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Excellent video. I've seen it before. I also subscribe to Underground Wellness. Sean is an entertaining guy to listen to, and he knows his stuff.

The eye opening part is seeing it charted out, the increase in sugar consumption over the last 100yrs or so and the correlating increase in negative physical conditions, diseases, etc.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The eye opening part is seeing it charted out, the increase in sugar consumption over the last 100yrs or so and the correlating increase in negative physical conditions, diseases, etc.

Indeed ... it seems like everything has to be CRAMMED with sugar or sweetness. It's just as bad if not worse with salt.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I know a real skinny healthy guy who has diabetes. I also know a really fat unhealthy guy who doesn't.

Life is ironic haha.

Well ... fatness leads to type 2 diabetes ... whereas your skinny friend probably has type 1 diabetes. One is hereditary due to a pancreatic deficiency, and the other is late adult onset as a result of a high insulin tolerance.

Top Bottom