• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samloopy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    catarina
    ok i have this super redhawk chambered in .454 casull/.45 LC i have seen conversion mods for .45 acp to be used in them also, i refuse to allow this to be done to my oem cylinder but would do it for a aftermarket one.

that being said i haven't found any thing on the net as to allocating one pre modded or stock. as a side note could the same cyl be also modded to include .460 S&W mag in the lineup ? as i understand it the .454 super redhawks are verry beefy
    Texas SOT

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am not sure the cylinder is long enough for the 460. I had the same gun, but sold it a while back. It should be able to handle the pressure knowing the SRH, but a gunsmith would be required for the extra cylinder for the 45 conversion, and he should be able to find out about the 460 possibilities. Another possibility is using 45 Auto Rim ammo in the factory cylinder. According to my reloading books, 45 AR is the same diameter as 45 Colt.

samloopy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    catarina
    tryed .45 AR they fit in the cyl but it wont close with 6 in 3 in it will but it will not rotate a round in to line to fire as theres a clearance issue

"edit" later find out that .45 AR is made to be used in .45 acp moon clip cylinders without needing the clips

samloopy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    catarina
    eeek ok .460 will not work i see OAL of 2.185 ish and my cyl measures 1.751 with a opening of 1.812 from cone to firing pin

ok still looking for info as to how to find aftermarket cylinder for the SRH "and possibly suggestions as to how to mod it?" or a premodded conversion cyl outlett

or ideas etc :)

Top Bottom