• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Well its on the agenda. Remember to go online Jan 26 to give public input.

Regulations Committee
    2012-2013 Statewide Hunting Proclamation
    January 25, 2012
    I. Executive Summary: This item seeks permission to publish proposed amendments to the Statewide Hunting Proclamation in the Texas Register for public comment. The proposed amendments:
    • Alter the season structure currently in effect for Grayson County (archery-only special season with crossbow by upper-limb disability only; regular season restricted to archery only with crossbows lawful) to allow full-season either-sex hunting opportunity, and implement that structure in Dallas, Collin, and Rockwall counties (which currently have no open season);
    • Implement a full general season in Galveston County (currently there is no open season) with the same season structure as Harris County;
    • Elimination of the pheasant season in four coastal counties in response to absence of population;
    • Alterations to existing season structure for quail;
    • Removal of remnant references to tarpon and red drum;
    • Removal of obsolete regulations regarding the hunting of prairie chickens on managed lands; and

• Legalization of firearm silencers to take game animals and game birds
    Capitol Armory ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Excellent. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't hunt with suppressors. It'll cut down on noise that "disturbs" non-hunters and help hunters protect their hearing.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Excellent. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't hunt with suppressors. It'll cut down on noise that "disturbs" non-hunters and help hunters protect their hearing.

Think of the children! ;) j/k

It's far past time we started chipping away at some of the knee-jerk, emotionally immature legislation out there and replacing them with factual legislation that makes sense.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Sent off my second Form 4 for a second .308 can. Son born two weeks ago will need his own can in a couple years while deer hunting. At least that is what I told the wife.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    1. ACTION – Approval of Agenda
    2. ACTION - Request to the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) regarding the Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Cap
      Staff: Gene McCarty WITHDRAWN This has nothing to do with suppressors..Waiting for the public input request.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Here is the scoop. They expect the public input section to be up next week sometime. Government slow moving stuff. Apparently all this is is formality stuff. This is a rule change they want to do. It pretty much is a done deal when the whole commission wants it already. Final vote end of February or first of march. Takes effect immediately.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Commissioner meeting March 28 and 29 for final vote. Public comment on Texas register online maybe next week.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Just got off the phone with the TPWD official you made the suppressor presentation (he personally owns 3 suppressors). Everything looks good. Just be checking the TPWD public comment section for it to be updated for the public input opportunity.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    I have talked to David Sinclair this week. The only problem that we face is Texas Trophy Hunters. The "owner" has a lot of $$$ and is not on our side. He is very influential as well. I have reached out to them on behalf of the American Silencer Association to no avail thus far. I will continue trying. From my understanding, he believes his trophy deer will be poached now. I don't get this argument at all.

1. Silencers are already legeal. Just because deer hunting is silencer legal does not mean that people will start poaching. This makes no sense
    2. NFA owners are not criminals. By definition, we are law abiding citizens.
    3. How many gun related crimes have been committed by CHL holders while carrying concealed? It is like saying, "if you let those CHL holders into the movie theatre then they will just start shooting everyone."

Show your support for our rights!!!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Got a name? Here are their sponsors:

http://www.ttha.com/ttha/sponsors

Nikon

Nikon Inc.
    1300 Walt Whitman Road
    Melville, NY 11747
    Attention: Sponsorship Committee

Mossy Oak
    Mossy Oak
    Attn: Marketing Department
    P.O. Box 757
    West Point, MS 39773

Cuddeback Digital

Non Typical, Inc.
    Attn: Marketing Department
    PO Box 10447
    Green Bay, WI 54307-0447

Barnes Bullets
    Barnes Bullets, LLC.
    Attention: Marketing Department
    38 N Frontage Rd
    Mona, UT 84645

Browning

Browning
    One Browning Place
    ATTN: Marketing Department
    Morgan, Utah 84050

Otis Technology
    Otis Technology
    6987 Laura Street
    PO Box 582
    Lyons Falls, NY 13368
    (315) 348-4300

B & J Industries
    Big & J Industries
    1981 E. Gulf Stream Dr.
    Grand Island, NE 68801

Ten Point Crossbows
    TenPoint Crossbow Technologies

1325 Waterloo RoadMogadore, OH 44260
    Randy Wood
    Vice President of Sales
    330.628.9245 Ext. 106

Morrell Targets
    Morrell Manufacturing, Inc.
    1721 Hwy. 71 N
    Alma, AR 72921
    Phone: (479) 632-5929
    FAX: (479) 632-3090

MB Ranch King
    MB Ranch King Blinds LLC
    4629 CR 805
    Joshua, Texas 76058
    1-800-763-7320

Dear Dear Sir or Madam,

It has recently come to the attention of many Texas hunters that organization you support, Texas Trophy Hunters, is opposing a rule change that would allow using suppressors to hunt Texas game animals.

As a Texas resident I'd like you to consider my support for the rights of my fellow Texan Hunters to use suppressors to hunt game and non game animals and consider this next time Texas Trophy Hunters asks for your support.

Sincerely,

XXXX
    Texas Hunter

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    I have talked to David Sinclair this week. The only problem that we face is Texas Trophy Hunters. The "owner" has a lot of $$$ and is not on our side. He is very influential as well. I have reached out to them on behalf of the American Silencer Association to no avail thus far. I will continue trying. From my understanding, he believes his trophy deer will be poached now. I don't get this argument at all.

1. Silencers are already legeal. Just because deer hunting is silencer legal does not mean that people will start poaching. This makes no sense
    2. NFA owners are not criminals. By definition, we are law abiding citizens.
    3. How many gun related crimes have been committed by CHL holders while carrying concealed? It is like saying, "if you let those CHL holders into the movie theatre then they will just start shooting everyone."

Show your support for our rights!!!

I just checked the TTHA site. In their news section they have an article that's supportive of the change FWIW.

Top Bottom