• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Is a class 3 dealer limited on time they're allowed to transfer a suppressor to you once they received the stamp? My stamp was approved on 9/2 and shipped 9/12 according to the ATF. I would assume they would receive it by 9/18 at the latest. Does it always take this long for them to get it together? I was told 45 days for the transfer, what happens after that if it's not done?

I'm getting a little antsy, it will be 16 months on 10/19. My form 1 was at my mailbox within 5 days of approval . Starting to wonder if I'll ever see the thing.
    Venture Surplus ad

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    i think my last ones that I had mailed took 2 weeks from approval to my doorstep, and that included the time it took for me to mail them the paperwork they needed before being able to ship it to me.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    ATF says 30-45 days to get the stamp to the dealer, then whatever lead time the dealer needs to find your phone number.

Check with the dealer; they may have gotten itin.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I went through Silencer Shop and they transferred to Sportsman's Finest. Yep, this will be the last time I use them.
    I don't understand you having it transferred? I bought my DBAL from Sportsmans Finest. It wasn't cheap but I have a real deal full power laser & a receipt.I aint seen another full powered one offered since getting mine.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    ATF says 30-45 days to get the stamp to the dealer, then whatever lead time the dealer needs to find your phone number.

Check with the dealer; they may have gotten itin.
    I have, that info does help. Who knows if the ATF service person if even knows. I guess the wait game continues. Last time I checked, Sportman told me they will call when they get it in, their storage is limited and want to shuffle them out as quick as possible. I suppose they may haven't received it yet.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I don't understand you having it transferred? I bought my DBAL from Sportsmans Finest. It wasn't cheap but I have a real deal full power laser & a receipt.I aint seen another full powered one offered since getting mine.
    Yes, it has to be transferred by law. You can't buy it directly from the original dealer. Don't ask me why, just another retarded gun law.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    The annoying part, is Central Texas Gun Works is my listed dealer on SS, but I got frustrated trying to correct it over and over, it was defaulting to Sportsman's Finest on Silencer Shop's site..
    It happens to mew on occasion, as well. Sign out, delete browser cache and cookies for Silencer Shop, then log in and select yourpreferred dealer.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Silencer Shop doesn't do that; Silencer Central does.

Silencer shop used to do that in Texas before they changed to their “powered by Silencershop” dealer network business model.

Capitol Armory will still ship to your door in Texas. They may be able to do it in other states now as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom