• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GJW1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Central Texas
    I have a GSG-5 with the fake can on it, and a GSG-5 pistol that I would like to get a suppressor for, and was wondering, what is a good suppressor for 300-400 dollars.

Also I am looking for a Class III dealer, I already talked to Lucy Creek Arms in Lampasas, but who would ya'll recommend?

Thanks
    George
    ARJ Defense ad

GJW1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Central Texas
    Mine are the GSG-5 L and P, tried searching for gsg and gsg5 here and came up with no matches.
    BTW, How is it that the fake suppressor is considered real on the SD model?

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Yea, I did read about the GSG fake suppressor being considered real by the ATF, you might want to check into that.

Other than that, um check out Advanced Armanant Corp. or AAC for short. I plan to buy a suppressor from them once I get my AR later in life.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You can also try 'The Gun Store' in Cedar Park. They are Class III dealers and very knowledgable about those items. I would recommend a supressor for a 223/ 5.56. As long as the threading matches up, it will work well for 223 and 22lr, where a supressor for a 22 probably won't work on an AR. For a little more money, it is way more versatile. The barrel threads matching are the biggest thing to check for. ARs are usually 1/2" x 28. I am not sure what your guns are threaded for.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    One of the forum sponsors just cut down and threaded a GSG-5 1st Anv. model for a suppressor. Also made the threaded adapter for it in-house...

If you want to go the route of the .223 suppressor the adapter should be able to be threaded to match the AR barrels... hmmm

In fact, I think the GSG is still at the shop if you wanted to swing out there this week sometime and check it out...

Selph Arms is the new sponsor of the Gunsmithing section and is also a Class III shop/mfg...

Gpz1100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    You can also try 'The Gun Store' in Cedar Park. They are Class III dealers and very knowledgable about those items. I would recommend a supressor for a 223/ 5.56. As long as the threading matches up, it will work well for 223 and 22lr, where a supressor for a 22 probably won't work on an AR. For a little more money, it is way more versatile. The barrel threads matching are the biggest thing to check for. ARs are usually 1/2" x 28. I am not sure what your guns are threaded for.

one problem with a .223 suppressor on a .22 is the "dirt" from rimfires, unless you have a suppressor that can be disassembled for cleaning

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I thought the GSG's "fake" supressors were there to make the barrel a legal 16". Would removing the fake can require a form 1 for an SBR?

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    I use a YHM Mite on both of mine. One is a gsg-5p, the other is a gsg-5pk(sbr). The adapters are model specific from Swarfworks . Good, low cost suppression from a can that can be disassembled for cleaning. The mite also works well on my Rugers and S&W. The only issue I have is that I should have gotten the stainless Mite instead of the aluminum one, so I could use it on my 5.7 as well.

Joat

Top Bottom