• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have to admit, I'm almost sad about this decision. I had all kinds of fun ways cooked up to get rid of a GPS tracker if I found one on my car.

One of my favorites involved catching a live deer...

I thought I was the only one! I wanted to go into a truck stop and fasten it on one headed for Mexico or Canada.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Yeah. I love the protection of civil liberties to protect us from being "watched" for terrorist-related things such as owning ammo, stocking food, etc.
    Glad it went this way.

The sad thing is that even though we need our civil liberties protected to prevent the above, I'm guessing 95% of the time, they would be using it to go after legitimate "bad" guys most of us would want snatched and locked away.

Can't have it both ways, so I'm glad it went as it did. Just bothers me that there are probably a good number of D-bags celebrating (or just releived over) the same thing.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I thought I was the only one! I wanted to go into a truck stop and fasten it on one headed for Mexico or Canada.

LOL, that was another one of my possible "disposal" methods - truck stop + trailer.

What would have been really fun is to send it to a friend in another state, who'd then send it on to another friend in yet another state (using a different shipping method) who'd then send it along again... LOL. Track that, bitches.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Can't have it both ways, so I'm glad it went as it did. Just bothers me that there are probably a good number of D-bags celebrating (or just releived over) the same thing.

Well, it all comes down to whether you'd see ten murderers freed so one innocent men can walk (err on the side of freedom) or one innocent man executed with ten murderers (err on the side of enforcement).

Morality can be complicated...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    LOL, that was another one of my possible "disposal" methods - truck stop + trailer.

What would have been really fun is to send it to a friend in another state, who'd then send it on to another friend in yet another state (using a different shipping method) who'd then send it along again... LOL. Track that, bitches.
    I don't think these devices send out an active signal. Usually it's an attach, wait, then recover and download data process asfaik.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I don't think these devices send out an active signal. Usually it's an attach, wait, then recover and download data process asfaik.

In that case, put something creative in its place so they know their busted. I doubt they would ask for it back and admit what they did.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    you guys remember the college kid who had a gps tracker on his vehicle planted by the government? he had taken his vehicle to a mechanic for unrelated issues and they found it. they thought it was possibly a bomb, until the agency embarrasingly came and recovered it.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    In that case, put something creative in its place so they know their busted. I doubt they would ask for it back and admit what they did.
    Plastic turd perhaps.

Well, that's boring, but it still could be fun to do a couple of those, recover it and then let THEM recover it.

I bet the Feds have some fancy trackers. If I found one of those cheapo trackers I think I'd just toss it in the garbage.

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    you guys remember the college kid who had a gps tracker on his vehicle planted by the government? he had taken his vehicle to a mechanic for unrelated issues and they found it. they thought it was possibly a bomb, until the agency embarrasingly came and recovered it.

Only GPS bomb scare story I can remember is this one, and it was a wife tracking her husband.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/11/11/jealous-wife-sparks-bomb-scare-after-a-gps-tracker-is-fitted-to-husband-s-car-115875-23552930/

Top Bottom