• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have been talking to Surefire reps about their new suppressors for a few months, but I didn't say anything becasue it wasn't public knowlege until now.

Surefire is coming out with 2 new .22 suppressors and a Mini 5.56 for tactical entry temas.

The two suppressors are take apart cans. This means that the cans are user-servicable and will likely last a lifetime! The cans include a take down tool and a pusher rod.

The cans design is different from other take apart cans: The baffles lock together and are pulled tight as the endcap is tightened.

I expect the cans to be quiet.

The 22-A is titanium and weighs 2oz! The next lightest .22 take apart can that I know of is the prodigy and it weighs 3.7oz! This is a game changer in the weight department.

The MSRP of the 22-A is $499.00. This is aimed directly at AAC's Element ($595.00) and Prodigy ($495.00)!

The 22-S isStainless and is expected to handle FN's 5.7 round and reports have sugesteed it will weigh around 5oz. Its MSRP will be $439.00. This can is obviously aimed right at the SWR Spectre ($500.00) and the Sparrow.

I plan on taking photos at Shot Show and posting them here.

Top Bottom