Suscribed threads / How to turn it off

TX69

TGT Addict
Dec 23, 2012
DFW
How do I turn off the feature that subscribes to every thread I post in?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
How do I turn off the feature that subscribes to every thread I post in?
Click on UserCP up at the top, then find and click general settings. Scroll down to Messages and notifications. Select do not subscribe in the drop down box. And the most important thing then is to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"

Click on UserCP up at the top, then find and click general settings. Scroll down to Messages and notifications. Select do not subscribe in the drop down box. And the most important thing then is to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"
That does NOT work. I have tried several times over the last few months. Every time I choose "Do not subscribe" and go to Save Changes it RETURNS to "Through my control panel only."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
That does NOT work. I have tried several times over the last few months. Every time I choose "Do not subscribe" and go to Save Changes it RETURNS to "Through my control panel only."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?
Yer right. I just checked mine and it also defaulted back to "through my control panel only." Don't even know what that means. HEY KEVIN! Help us out here.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
TGT Supporter
Jan 15, 2012
Waco-ish
Is the issue subscribed threads or notification of new posts using a mobile device?

my UCP has the same "through CP only" message and I'm not being autosubscribed.
however on my phone and tablet I was being bombarded with notifications of new posts.

that "feature" was part of my mobile device/app.

texcross

Well-Known
Admin
Aug 28, 2013
Sanger, TX
Looking into it, sorry did not see this, also please be sure to post these in the Forum Bug Area, I see them immediately... :)

Charlie

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 19, 2008
Kerr County
Not sure if you guys are talking about the same thing I'm seeing. When I get an email notification (in my inbox) and click on the "unsubscribe" thingy ..................... this is the message I get.
vBulletin Message
Invalid Redirect URL (http://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=19t9op6rhidcv)
WTF?

Top Bottom