• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Far as the price, they usually don't cost anywhere near 3k. You can get a dell inspiron duo for about 300 if you look around craigslist. You can get a dell xt3 for a grand new. All the new ones have both RF stylus and touch support.
    The ones im refering to are more like Latitude E6420 XFR Fully Rugged Laptop Details | Dell Canada just not the rugged edition. That use a real stylus not the little rubber ones that you can use on any touch screen.

These are what i consider a Tablet PC. The inspiron duo is just a tablet attacked to a laptop keyboard imo. And the XT3 is 2 grand. http://www.dell.com/us/enterprise/p/latitude-xt3/pd
    DK Firearms

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Errrr....Wut? My netbook runs windows 7 and I run everything from photoshop to acrobat pro on it. It is a bit underpowered. But most of my computing needs at home are really basic and don't need much horsepower

I can see where the ipad might be just the thing in a doctors office or patrol car. I guess I'm still miffed because I walked into best buy about a year ago looking for a new netbook, and the girl there looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears, and pointed to two models. Then she said, that's all we have now because most people have gone to tablets these days, and gave me a sad look like there wasn't much hope for me.

What wut? Most people could get by with a netbook at home if they don't mind waiting a half second for IE to open a new window or something.

No idea why she told you that. Hoping for a better sale?

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The ones im refering to are more like Latitude E6420 XFR Fully Rugged Laptop Details | Dell Canada[/URL] just not the rugged edition. That use a real stylus not the little rubber ones that you can use on any touch screen.
    That's completely different. That's a ruggedized (see the heavy framing? That's expensive) laptop (see the two hinges?) with a single point resistive touch overlay on the screen. That's almost nothing like a tablet. No pen input to speak of.
    THIS is what most people think of when they think of a real tablet. Dell Latitude XT3 Tablet PC for Windows | Dell[/URL]
    The inspiron duo (Inspiron[/URL]) doesn't do RF pen input (but you can use a capacitive pen), also runs windows 8 find. They aren't sold new any more, but you can pick them up on craigslist for 250 if you look around: Dell Inspiron Duo[/URL]
    I actually have a latitude 6410, XT2, XT3, and inspiron duo running windows 8 right now in my home if anyone wants to play with them.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    That's completely different. That's a ruggedized (see the heavy framing? That's expensive) laptop (see the two hinges?) with a single point resistive touch overlay on the screen. That's almost nothing like a tablet. No pen input to speak of.
    THIS is what most people think of when they think of a real tablet. Dell Latitude XT3 Tablet PC for Windows | Dell[/URL]
    The inspiron duo (Inspiron[/URL]) doesn't do RF pen input (but you can use a capacitive pen), also runs windows 8 find. They aren't sold new any more, but you can pick them up on craigslist for 250 if you look around: Dell Inspiron Duo[/URL]
    I actually have a latitude 6410, XT2, XT3, and inspiron duo running windows 8 right now in my home if anyone wants to play with them.

The model i was thinking of was the XFR D630 but i cant find it on Dell's site anymore. They had it in rugged and non rugged form, both used a pen stylus, first time i used one was as an EMT.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    No idea why she told you that. Hoping for a better sale?

I dunno, but I didn't buy anything. I didn't like the specs on either model so I went home and ordered another ASUS EEE from amazon. Pretty handy little computers, though a bit slow. Works great for 90% of my needs.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I think you probably posted text all over the code. Select that little A/A button on the far left of the tool bar after you add a link, picture, etc and it will then show the code so you can avoid putting any text inside the coded area by mistake.

Nah, it did that when I clicked the AA button once, made some edit to the end of the text, then clicked it again.

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    I've been using Windows 8 release preview as my main desktop for a while now. I hated it at first, but I've warmed up to it quite a bit. The upgrade deal from Windows 7 ($40 I believe) is a no brainer.

I got the first gen iPad right before the second one came out. I'll be getting the Surface when I have the funds for it. It might at first sound redundant to have two tablets, but if you really do most of your work in a Windows environment it just makes sense so you have some workflow continuity between when you're on the go and at home. I think that'll be the case for a lot of folks.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    im on an acer tablet right now, with a keyboard docking station plugged in, with built in battery. combined battery life with heavy usage, 20 hours. I also have a mouse plugged into it. For basic needs, other than school work and photoshop and other stuff, this cant be beat, its touchscreen, keyboard, weighs nothing, and lasts FOREVER. I love it.

Top Bottom