• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    Surefire X400.

As far as I know it's probably the most expensive too...but in my opinion you get what you pay for and I believe that the extra dollars it costs buy enough extra quality/warranty to still be considered high value.

The Streamlight units are nice, cost less, but don't quite reach the same quality bar that Surefire does. I have no experience with their customer service so I can't comment on that. Streamlight does pretty much own the rechargeable duty light market, so they generally have their act together...it would also be a fine choice.

However I personally believe you should also take a long hard look at a dedicated unit like a Crimson Trace...that way you don't have to keep your light on to take advantage of the "flashbulb" technique.

If you buy a laser for defensive use, you really need to take a low light/no light class from a respected instructor, as otherwise it will be truly wasted on you. I don't care if you're a longtime LEO/competitor/whatever, a good nightfighting class will be eye opening.

Vickers, Hackathorn, and Lamb come to mind but I'm sure there are plenty others offering good low light classes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom