• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    Surefire X400.

As far as I know it's probably the most expensive too...but in my opinion you get what you pay for and I believe that the extra dollars it costs buy enough extra quality/warranty to still be considered high value.

The Streamlight units are nice, cost less, but don't quite reach the same quality bar that Surefire does. I have no experience with their customer service so I can't comment on that. Streamlight does pretty much own the rechargeable duty light market, so they generally have their act together...it would also be a fine choice.

However I personally believe you should also take a long hard look at a dedicated unit like a Crimson Trace...that way you don't have to keep your light on to take advantage of the "flashbulb" technique.

If you buy a laser for defensive use, you really need to take a low light/no light class from a respected instructor, as otherwise it will be truly wasted on you. I don't care if you're a longtime LEO/competitor/whatever, a good nightfighting class will be eye opening.

Vickers, Hackathorn, and Lamb come to mind but I'm sure there are plenty others offering good low light classes.

Top Bottom