• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I got this via work today. I've heard of stuff like this before but this is supposed to be very recent. even if not good to keep in mind. stay safe out there and check your vehicle and your rear view mirrior when you leave the range

"If true, something to keep an open eye for it!

Just got this message. Keep an eye out, I'm sure this problem will spread quickly.

While I was in a Denver gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that's less well guarded or not under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break
    into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the police chief of that county came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition.
    Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. This is the first I've heard of this in Denver . Please pass this info along to your 2nd amendment list.

This next comment from a Gunsite instructor:
    I don't know how widespread this is becoming , but the info regarding the NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting clays know. Competitors there were having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken in to when parked for lunch etc.
    Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself. 27 high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with high $$ competition guns are in town.
    BTW I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals. He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus Christi the month before."

Guns International

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Yep read that yesterday, maintain control of your firearms
    SA!!!applies, me i dirive a big truck always walk your ride

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yes, it is not true. Sorry.

COULD it happen - yes. Has it happened... This is just one of those worry wart internet myths cruising around, sorry to tell you. I've seen it mentioned other places too

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Guys, this goes much deeper than we thought. Here's what happened yesterday:

After a hectic morning, I had stopped into Discount Tire to get some tire damage repaired. As I walked into the lobby and handed my keys to the grease monkey, they were already giving me "the eye". I sat down in the waiting area and noticed a fresh copy of Guns and Ammo sitting in the magazine rack. Pleased with this, I picked it up and began thumbing through the first 90 pages of ads until I found an interesting article on the fantasic new firearm one of their advertisers told them to pick for Gun of the Year. As I was reading, I had bent down to pick up a few dozen subscription cards that had fallen out. When I came back up, an employee ninja'd up and blurted out, "Sir, we cant fix police tire spike damage". "Well", I said, "I guess I could see what you guys have to offer for a new set". He showed me a brand new set of used Toyos and gave me the price (without the 257% taxes and fees added, of course). "Thank you grease monkey, I'll take them" I said...but as I was about to walk away, I noticed something...DOTS! DOTS EVERYWHERE! These tires had already been marked! They must have planted that Guns and Ammo ad magazine there as bait! I was hooked right in, damnit!

Well, you can imagine my surprise as I started to piece it all together, but I was lost at the details. Was it the Bloods? The Crips? The tire companies? The grease monkeys? The Government? NAMBLA? How deep was the rabbit hole? At that point, I looked the lube primate in the eyes, told him, "no thank you Brobama", turned 360 degrees and moonwalked right outa that place.

I'll keep my slightly blemished, non marked tires THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

illuminati.gif

My old Illuminati free tires should last me a few hundred more miles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom