• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Wow..that sucks..well...ass. Definitely something to keep in mind whether user error, carelessness or whatever.
    +1. Even if it isn't normal wear, it could be the compartment the guy stores it in when the gun is in some other holster or in the safe. Either way, it's something to be wary of. I carry in an inside the waistband nylon and the same sort of thing could happen since it is a flexible holster.

It also gives me further reason to operate the way I already do for convenience. I never slide my gun in or out of the holster while its in place. I put the gun in it, then place the whole thing in place on my body.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I always wonder about stories like this, especially when they're from an "anonymous individual".
    I don't know much about leather wearing, but to me it looks like the holster has been forced inside the trigger guard. Especially with the holster outside the pants under the belt, I can't fathom would would press on that specific spot with enough force over time to warp it enough to accomplish this.
    5547242760_c73a55d78a.jpg

I mean I guess its possible..... I dunno maybe I'm just becoming untrusting.

You sound like you haven't met my friend Murphy. Don't worry though, at some point in your life you will meet him, most likely in a way you could never have possibly imagined. He's spontaneous like that. ;)

Seriously though, is this a surprise to anyone? Anything is possible, even the most unlikely things can happen. Plan and act accordingly. Although some leather holsters are more reinforced and better than others, this is one of the reasons I am a fan of kydex and not a big fan of leather.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Never would have happened with an XD. No glock bashing or anything, just sayin the grip safety is an added feature I like!

Um, actually it very well could have. When holstering the gun, most likely you'd be pushing down on the back of the grip as that's the way to re-holster, which would deactivate the grip safety.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    the more i look at that picture - the more i think this guy rarely - if ever -unholstered his gun

anybody agree? looks like its been there for years

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Um, actually it very well could have. When holstering the gun, most likely you'd be pushing down on the back of the grip as that's the way to re-holster, which would deactivate the grip safety.

In reading the story it sounded to me like this did not happen when he was holstering the weapon, rather as he was making a movement inside the vehicle. Also based on the pictures he was already sitting down.

As for activating the grip safety I roll my grip over and place a thumb on the back of the slide to ensure that nothing is pushing it back potentially taking the gun out of battery. Just me though..

Top Bottom