• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Here's a less stupid story about the comet, and it includes a much more interesting detail - it might be visible to the naked eye during the total solar eclipse next year.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Who the hell wrote that story? I've never seen such a combination of ignorance, word salad, and sensationalism. Like asking Kamala Harris to describe a house fire.
    Well, it is from MSN. They are pretty bad in all respects. I hate how every single story has to tie in "Climate Change" somehow.

Let me see....
    Record high temps - hottest in 120,000 years- are amping up the earth's magnetic field. Attracting every asteroid in the solar system. Likely resulting in the fiery death of the entire planet.

12 years. That's what you got.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    MSN?
    Is that still a thing?

More accurate news can be had in the tabloids at checkout of the grocery store.
    funny-tabloid-headlines.jpeg

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    FYI, the space station will be visible moving across the sky for 5 or 6 minutes tonight at sixty some degrees (can't recall direction or time but the time wasn't too late). If you care about such, you can probably look it up. Saw it on a local weather program (6PM).

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    FYI, the space station will be visible moving across the sky for 5 or 6 minutes tonight at sixty some degrees (can't recall direction or time but the time wasn't too late). If you care about such, you can probably look it up. Saw it on a local weather program (6PM).
    I have seen it. Not so impressive. From earth anyway.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Just wanted to thank you for that. It just "flew" over. Was watching it on the ISS Tracker and it showed smack dab over Texas. We walked out and it was directly overhead. Moving fast. It started to fade quickly as it neared the SE horizon; I think it was going into earth shadow. Very cool - the wife loved it.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Well, it is from MSN. They are pretty bad in all respects. I hate how every single story has to tie in "Climate Change" somehow.

Let me see....
    Record high temps - hottest in 120,000 years- are amping up the earth's magnetic field. Attracting every asteroid in the solar system. Likely resulting in the fiery death of the entire planet.

12 years. That's what you got.
    AOC said a few years ago we only have less than 12 years because of your fossil fuel usage. Turn off your vehicle and walk to the grocer, save the planet while you dodge comets because of climate change you caused and vote Dems, they will save you from yourself.

Top Bottom