• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    So, i posted awhile back that the local pawnshop has a SKS-M, but the mag has a hard time releasing. its almost perma stuck, but will come free every now and again. Last time i asked they wanted $300 for it. Im contemplating going in there myself and seeing if they will take a trade straight up for my Yugo SKS.

On one hand i could possibly have an SKS-M with just a little bit of work to figure out why its sticking. On the other, id be giving up my SKS that just needs a new magazine to go with a gun that may be a headache. My SKS shoots fine now that i replaced the gas valve in it, except rounds 9/10 sometime misfeed due to a weak mag spring.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!! :ohnoes:
    Guns International

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    IMO that isn't a terrible price.. but Id go in and and offer them 250.. have cash in hand when you do it. If it doesn't work for whatever reason you can just send it to me. :)

Sks will only appreciate in value

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    IMO that isn't a terrible price.. but Id go in and and offer them 250.. have cash in hand when you do it. If it doesn't work for whatever reason you can just send it to me. :)

Sks will only appreciate in value

if i had the cash, i would do just that. but i dont, hence the trade for my Yugo.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    if i had the cash, i would do just that. but i dont, hence the trade for my Yugo.

I gotcha, I read that as if it were an option you were thinking about taking. If you think you can fix it, I would go for it but I would maybe sell your yugo private and go in there with cash.. you may make some money doing it that way.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I wouldnt trade a yugo for a chicom sk. Stripper clips are easy 10 rounds and ready to go again. I would WAIT try to get some cash. Who knows what might look like an easy fix on that stuck magazine issue could be another $100 or more. Heres a thought: Why hasnt anyone else bought it yet?

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I wouldnt trade a yugo for a chicom sk. Stripper clips are easy 10 rounds and ready to go again. I would WAIT try to get some cash. Who knows what might look like an easy fix on that stuck magazine issue could be another $100 or more. Heres a thought: Why hasnt anyone else bought it yet?
    no idea. Its been there for a month or 2. And they have cycled at least 10 Yugos through the door.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Been PM'ing RandomHero about this, I had my suspicions and they turned out to be correct...

I just dropped by and it is a standard chinese with a duckbill adapter on the mag.

So it's not worth what they're asking for it (now $400).

Cheers! M2

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    See there ya go had a duck bill adapter on it. So its not a true chicom sks m. Uncle sold his for 500 came with 1k of ammo and mags. Saw one at heritage for 450

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yep, a true SKS-M would being in the $400-500 range; a SKS-D being a bit rarer could demand more. A modified SKS that takes the duckbilled mag would be around $250-300 in my book, worth less than an unmodified one ($300-350). Plus, it has to be 922(r) compliant for a FFL to sell it...

Cheers! M2

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    If you are interested, I'll give you a stock mag from a norinco. Maybe you just want the spring?
    I have no use for it as I use aftermarket mags. It's setting in the safe taking up space.
    Keep the Yugo. If nothing else get a 30 rd mag aftermarket and have fun.
    Offer stands. If you are patient I make a San Antonio/San Marcos run about 4 times a year.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    If you are interested, I'll give you a stock mag from a norinco. Maybe you just want the spring?
    I have no use for it as I use aftermarket mags. It's setting in the safe taking up space.
    Keep the Yugo. If nothing else get a 30 rd mag aftermarket and have fun.
    Offer stands. If you are patient I make a San Antonio/San Marcos run about 4 times a year.

ill gladly take it. i do wanna pickup a tapco mag, but i dont want to deal with 922r. ive been thinking about doing a bubba job and decking it out with a tapco stock to be in compliance, but until then ill gladly accept your old 10rd mag if you dont mind dropping it in the mail. i can paypal you the cost or whatever.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    read the title and this is the mental image i got.

stock-photo-frustrated-young-man-in-suit-preparing-for-suicide-black-gun-on-table-60965998.jpg

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    When I hear about all the guys who paid 89 dollars for SKSs back in the day, I just can't see myself buying one at todays prices. I sold my folder to another tgt member for 250 and norincos aren't worth much more than that no matter how you cut it. I would sooner keep the Yugo and save more dough for an AK or VZ58.

Top Bottom