"Tall" Sights for Pistols With Suppressors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Not sure if this is in the correct forum but it does have to do with pistol suppressor sights. I’m trying to determine the height of the front sight (with appropriate rear sight) on a Glock 23 to be able to sight over a suppressor of 1 5/8 in. diameter. I’ve done some measuring and calculating and have come up with a figure of .406 in. that would be the same height at the top of a mounted suppressor (meaning the front sight would have to be higher!). Does that sound correct? It seems awfully high. I know folks install “tall” sights on their pistols but in looking at specs. from sight manufacturers I’m unable to find any that would seem to work. I would appreciate any information regarding which manufacturer makes sights for pistols using suppressors or just any information regarding this issue. Thanks ahead of time.
    Texas SOT

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I run a 19 with a multimount and Ameriglo Suppressor Sights. The sights come as a kit (front and back) and sell for about $70. The steel is made by Ameriglo and the tritium is installed by Trijicon.

Top Bottom