• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkflier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Has anyone gone through the process of getting Tarrant county Sheriff Dee Anderson to sign off on Form 1s and Form 4s? I have two of each sitting on his desk, where they have been sitting since Mid January. I called his secretary a couple of times, and she said the background cleared the first week and they are still sitting on his desk waiting for sign-off. Should I be worried he isn't going to sign, or just sit patiently and wait? How long has it taken others to get the sheriff to sign off?
    Gun Zone Deals

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Do a Trust..I think something like Home . You don't need sign offs or fingerprints. You set up a trust and the trust owns the NFA stuff. Most people do it this way now.

sparkflier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I sent Sean Cody an email this past weekend looking to start the trust process. However, with his busy schedule I have not heard back from him yet. With this long CLEO sign-off wait, I am ready to get the trust done so I don't have to deal with this CLEO sign-off BS.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I set mine up while I was in Academy talking on my cell phone to Sean Cody. Most of it is premade. You just have to figure out what to call it and who you want on it.

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    I have had four go thru Sheriff Anderson over the past few years. The first three took about two or three weeks but the last one last year took about six. They are just busy at times but he will sign them.

Good luck.

TM

sparkflier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Thanks everyone. I got my paperwork in the mail today from Sheriff Anderson. It just took them about 6 weeks. I guess I just needed about 12 hours of more patience.

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    Same thing happened on my last one. I posted on here asking the same question and the next day it arrived in the mail.....?????

Glad you got it now more waiting from the ATF.

TM

Top Bottom