Taurus P111?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by RIATAC45, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I have the opportunity to purchase one for $225 with about 20rd through it. I would like to know everyone's opinion on these, and is it worth it? Yay or Nay. I know the owner personally, so I'm not concerned about getting ripped off. He offered to let me shoot it first before I decide, I would just like to have some opinions on it and Taurus in general.

2. The Kicker Guy

The Kicker Guy Member

Feb 23, 2008
    I love my Taurus PT-92, it stays on my nightstand instead of the FN's, HK's, and Sig's I own. I was actually looking for that exact gun, so if you don't pick it up, could you forward the seller's info to me.

3. ReVrEnD_0341

ReVrEnD_0341 Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My dad just bought one, going to the range tomorrow to shoot it up. I have shot several Taurus guns. They seem to shoot just like every other weapon, seem to be put together well, but no word on longevity. I'll let you know how the shoot goes.

4. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Man, I've heard so many mixed comments about Taurus autos. Some saying they're alright, others saying don't be your life on them and still others saying they're incredible. OTOH, their revolvers seem to get nothing but praise. I wouldn't mind having a PT145 Millennium Pro to bang around with.
    The Taurus you're looking at sounds like a fair price. If you don't like it, I'll bet you could make your money back on it.

5. The Kicker Guy

The Kicker Guy Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Taurus before around 95 or so had pretty crappy quality, since then, they've been good guns. I would be life on my 92 any day.

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, from what I understand Taurus used to have some issues with quality control, though this was years ago. Most of their new stuff seems to be pretty good. I still kick myself for selling the PT-92 I bought new from Cabelas. That was probably the best deal I've had. It was ~$475 new and came with 6 new mags. ;) I put several hundred rounds through it and it was an excellent gun, so my experience with the brand has only been good. I too have considered some of Taurus' polymer frame guns and from my limited research the general consensus seems to be that they are decent quality guns.

7. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Good gun.

That is a decent pistol. We have 2 of them, one is my wifes...the other is mine (hers is pink). My wifes is single/double action, where mine is DAO. I don't like DAO triggers, so I don't shoot it that much. I have other pistols I shoot more often. Having said that, it isn't the pistols fault. I didn't realize it was DAO when I bought it. IF it were single/double action, I would shoot it a lot more often. No complaints.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm with you on that one, I don't like DAO triggers.

9. The Kicker Guy

The Kicker Guy Member

Feb 23, 2008

Check Academy, I picked mine up for $325, but only with 2 mags. I'm with you, probably one of the best deals on a pistol you can get.

10. The Kicker Guy

The Kicker Guy Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Also, I've never seen a 111 in DAO. I know the Millenium Pro in .32 and .45 come in DAO, but all the 9mm have all been DA/SA.