• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cglongino

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I just bought my woman her first handgun for Christmas, the PINK Taurus PT111. I have been shooting with my dad for many years but have now moved and am starting my own collection. I was wondering what the difference is between standard 9mm ammunition and the 9mm luger? Will the Pt111 shoot 9mm luger ammo w/o any problems, or is there something in the bullet design that makes it difficult to feed through this weapon. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    9mm markov, 9mm kurtz, 9x18, 9x17, 9x21(or is it 23?)

Are different rounds and SHOULD NOT be fired out of your gun.

You should never fire a cartridge out of your gun that it is not chambered for it. If you aren't sure, then ask someone who knows. When people say "9mm," they usually mean 9mm luger, but it is always safe to make sure.

(edit: some revolvers can fire a few different cartridges than what it says on the barrel, but that is only a few and does not apply to semi's)

There is also a 9mm NATO, which is runs a little hotter than 9mm luger, though most modern guns can take it.
    (I'm not sure I'd run much of it if I could help it, especially through the taurus).

PS-There is also +p and +P+ ammo. This is basically ammo that has a higher pressure than the standard pressure for the cartridge. Your manual will tell you if you can shoot it safely in your gun. I wouldn't make a habit of it, cause it will wear your gun faster).

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Due to the long trigger pull and sights, most people start out shooting low and left with the 111 especially if it has the Heinie Straight 8 sights. (Two dots instead of three) The key to the Heinies is to cover COM with the top/front dot. If you put your target on top of the front dot like you would with a three dot system it will shoot very low. You might have been aware of that, but I just thought I would throw that out there. The left POI is due to the trigger pull. Slow and steady wins the race.

It's a great gun for the price. I have one that I loan out to CHL students and it has never had a FTF or FTE. Even rookie shooters have qualified with it once they understand the sights.

Have fun.

On a side note, I heard the Pink ones don't hit as hard. LOL

Top Bottom