• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I finally got to go to the range and test fire my new TCP .380. What a great surprise. I didn't know what to expect from this small handgun. It is great. I only shot 50 rounds of 90 grain hollowpoint due to cost and that's all I could find under $40. It did not misfire or jam at all. I took my Taurus 709 Slim which I love and the TCP handles almost exactly like the 709. The trigger pull is almost identical. Surprisingly the kick is about the same for both guns. I was able to shoot simular groupings with both at 25 yards. I am not the greatest shot but I was able to place all shots within a 10 inch circle on a target looking like Bin Laden.He is full of holes, I had a lot of 9mm ammo. I like the 709 for concealed carry but the small TCP will be better in the summer because it fits real good in my pocket. I also found a great pocket holster at Cabelos. It is a De Santis G3 ( same holster that comes with the Ruger .380). I highly recommend this small handgun and I paid $279 for it at Academy. The only negative point is that ammo is expensive and hard to find right now.
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Great review, especially the comparison with the PT709 Slim (which I have)...I have been wondering how they compared. Too bad .380 is still scarce and expensive, otherwise it'd be my fourth Taurus...

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom