• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I can see why they would enter the residence out of goodwill for his health and state, but at the point the home owner asks you to leave and hasn't committed any crimes ... this sounds like a lack of communication if anything. Regardless, I at no point could think of a reason for a taser.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The part where they decided he was going to the hospital for an evaluation against his will is pretty bad too.

That's unfortunately their job when they are dealing with someone that might be suicidal. The problem is the lawyers ... if they leave and the old man feeds his face some .45 aspirin then they are open to lawsuit, even if he was just joking.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    The EMS didn't think he was suicidal...

The only difference between cops like this and the schoolyard bully is the badge. There are some great cops who do a great job...and then there are a**holes who have a badge, a gun and a little authority that they LOVE to throw around.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    In the Austin area, a percentage of the cops are traind as Mental Health Officers. They come out and evaluate whether or not a person can be forced to submit to a psychiatric hold or not based on potential for harm. I'm a paramedic and I have physician orders that state if a person makes any threat of self-harm, I have the obligation to transport them for evaluation at a medical facility. Yes it is all about the lawyers, no doubt. Having said that, in both the officer's and the paramedic's case, we get paid to use those rules as guidelines to make an intelligent decision. Discretion then comes into play as to whether or not someone is acting out or serious. You had better be right if you leave them after they make a threat. We do have to have enough contact to make a sound judgement though. A key indicator of someone who is a danger to themselves is they want you to go away without at least talking to you.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    In the Austin area, a percentage of the cops are traind as Mental Health Officers. They come out and evaluate whether or not a person can be forced to submit to a psychiatric hold or not based on potential for harm. I'm a paramedic and I have physician orders that state if a person makes any threat of self-harm, I have the obligation to transport them for evaluation at a medical facility. Yes it is all about the lawyers, no doubt. Having said that, in both the officer's and the paramedic's case, we get paid to use those rules as guidelines to make an intelligent decision. Discretion then comes into play as to whether or not someone is acting out or serious. You had better be right if you leave them after they make a threat. We do have to have enough contact to make a sound judgement though. A key indicator of someone who is a danger to themselves is they want you to go away without at least talking to you.

A key indicator of someone who is a danger to themselves is they want you to go away without at least talking to you.
    Really?? I dont volunteer information to LE because all they do is use anything you say to screw you out of some money! If I feel I need to talk to someone about my prblems, it damn sure wont be a bunch of cops. Family and pastors are more likely to help if your having problems. LE wont do nothing but cause a troubled man more damn trouble.
    I had a cop decide to walk up in my house around the first of the year. It was at midnight as soon as I got home. I shoved his ignorant butt back out the door and ran em off! LE will not be stepping foot in my house without my permission or a warrant!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    That's unfortunately their job when they are dealing with someone that might be suicidal. The problem is the lawyers ... if they leave and the old man feeds his face some .45 aspirin then they are open to lawsuit, even if he was just joking.

Im not saying LE shouldnt do anything if a man is suicidal. Watching that video, all I seen was a febal old man who fell down the walkway to his front door. From what I picked up on the video, nobody but the EMT were called to make sure the old guy was ok. Then the cops showed up and went into his house uninvited. The EMT's didnt even say he had mental issues. The POS cops went in there and tazed the crap out of an old man with heart problems after he fell down some stairs. Never once in the video did I hear the cops simply ask the old man if he was ok. A simple how are you doing sir, are you ok, and do you need anythink else, would have been just fine.
    That kind of Police behavior should not be tollerated!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom