Tell me there is more!!

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by 2Shots1Wound, Nov 5, 2009.

1. 2Shots1Wound

2Shots1Wound Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I just saw some old video of cops in New Orleans grabbing guns.. Still pisses me off. I never found out what the consequences where to elected officials.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?id=11653

That's it? Does anyone know if more extreme punishments were decided on? I think that the mayor & police chief should face serious charges but I can't find any mention of this.

2. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Active Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    They should personally pay any and all damages and be terminated from their government jobs. Should any citizens who had their guns seized been victim of crimes and denied the ability to protect and defend the government employees should be considered accomplices and charged as such. Life in prison would be lenient.

3. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I haven't read any updates.

I would not have surrendered my weapons.

4. tommyh

tommyh New Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Houston
    The lawsuit was upheld and those wanting to go to the police station and claim their weapons could do so, with proof it was theirs.

5. thorkyl

thorkyl Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    The only problem was they (NYPD and others) just shoved them in drums in a trailer to rot.

I was there 5 days after the storm working claims and open carried my 1911 the entire time. Never once had any problem with any of the Locals. The out of state cops, mainly the ones from the NE would give me lip about it.

I would tell them that I would have to get a photo of them and their badge so I knew who to file theft charges against. The entire time recording the conversation on the digital camera as video.

The would leave me alone.

Now the guys "National Guard" you know the ones, Big Red 1 on the shoulder, fresh back Afghanistan, they where cooler about it. I would just ask them to watch the cooler full of beer while I unloaded it for them.

Man I went through a lot of beer.

6. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ray Nagin and the NOLA police chief should both be serving life sentences in federal prison w/o possibility of parole for this sh*t. They could have, and for all we know did, get people killed because of this. Instead, in federal court they got a slap on the wrist and told what they did wasn't right, and they got to go right back to work.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Complete BS.

8. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Problem is most of those weapons are useless/worthless as they were stored in water-filled containers and virtually destroyed. The NRA posted a lot of photos of that a while back. For the owners, there's nothing left to claim.

9. sharky47

sharky47 Active Member

May 4, 2008
    Nat. guard helped in some cases.

Guess I missed the memo informing us when to tune in for the treason hangings.....