c668becbad315e127508be7fdac94607.jpg
    Guns International

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Nope. You could put one corner of the triangle lid downhole and then the rest could follow. The ONLY shape where it can't go downhole without failure of either the cover or the hole is a round cover.
    yeah, think about it a little harder... I guess I should have been more specific- equilateral or a reuleaux triangle.
    If there is a cover that is 18.9" on each side, and the hole is 18" on each side, but fits into a recess that is 19" on each side, then it ain't going in the hole... it'll hang on 2 edges of the lid near the corners in 2 corners of the hole.
    If the cover and hole were both EXACTLY 18" on a side and 1" thick, it still wouldn't fit if you put a corner in the hole first... because the thickness of the cover will keep the corners from fitting all the way to the corners of the hole- but it could slide thru if you put it in flat (barely, would be a friction fit)

triangular-manhole-cover.jpg

ETA: first pic below was a bad example, above is correct.

Attachments

• cJzPg.png
      cJzPg.png
      66.9 KB · Views: 195
    Last edited:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Are you trying to tell me if both triangles are removed they won't fall in that hole??
    ok, that's a bad example, because they make up a square they can't be equilateral triangles.. one side has to be longer.

I searched for images, and I found that one.... and jumped on it...

but equilateral or reuleaux triangles would work... as long as there's a lip or taper (which there is on round manhole covers, or they would fall in the hole laid flat.)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    ok, that's a bad example, because they make up a square they can't be equilateral triangles.. one side has to be longer.

I searched for images, and I found that one.... and jumped on it...

but equilateral or reuleaux triangles would work... as long as there's a lip or taper (which there is on round manhole covers, or they would fall in the hole laid flat.)
    Yes, it would work.

I suppose the biggest problem would be the corners sticking up since most manholes aren't very flush with the surrounding road.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    yeah, think about it a little harder... I guess I should have been more specific- equilateral or a reuleaux triangle.
    If there is a cover that is 18.9" on each side, and the hole is 18" on each side, but fits into a recess that is 19" on each side, then it ain't going in the hole... it'll hang on 2 edges of the lid near the corners in 2 corners of the hole.
    If the cover and hole were both EXACTLY 18" on a side and 1" thick, it still wouldn't fit if you put a corner in the hole first... because the thickness of the cover will keep the corners from fitting all the way to the corners of the hole- but it could slide thru if you put it in flat (barely, would be a friction fit)

View attachment 143720

Did you ever see a sewer worker shaped like that. Most would fit in the round hole but not yours.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    You can wax canvas by dissolving wax in Coleman lantern fuel. Stick the cloth in the fuel. Let is soak through. Pull it out and hang it up. After it dries. Waxed canvas. You can use beeswax, white wax, and there's recipes for oiled canvas.

I made a dove pouch for the dead birds. Blood doesn't soak in when the canvas is waxed. Easy to clean.

Don't stand next to a fire or it'll flame up like a big candle. You being the wick.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

View attachment 143720
    You do realize, I hope, that the hole's diameter below grade is much larger than the opening? I don't care if the triangle is equilateral or what, I can get that lid to go downhole.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    First three digits of your SS number are based on the Zip Code address given at the location and time of the application.
    (In most all cases... with few exceptions)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom