• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Was by the shop yesterday but they are apparently closed on Mondays (as is half of McKinney downtown)

Anyone have any experience with them? Heck of a drive from home but might be in the area again in the near future.
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Yeah. They're perpetually hyper over-priced and don't have much in the way of stock.

I'm at Barron's Estate (up stairs street level) frequently.

Every once in a while I like to go downstairs to LOL.

Gotta pay for that location somehow I guess.

If you're wanting to kill time at a great gun shop in Mckinney I suggest you check out Front Sight Firearms on Eldorado (right behind Mathnasium).

MississippiRifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2014
    I live just up the street from there, and finally walked over to check it out once we got moved in. They seem to have a lot more pawn shop type stuff than guns, but it's fun to look at. I like the Barron's Estate shop a lot better, because they actually have some neat stuff up in there.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    If you're wanting to kill time at a great gun shop in Mckinney I suggest you check out Front Sight Firearms on Eldorado (right behind Mathnasium).

I stopped in this place last week. The owners seem real nice.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I stopped in this place last week. The owners seem real nice.

The guys at Frontsight Firearms are great guys. Very welcoming and friendly. The entire staff. One of which is retired DPS and just stands behind the counter and bullshits just for something to do.

They don't have just a shitload of stock but what they have is quality and their gunsmith (only in Wednesdays and Saturdays I think) is second to none.

They also offer Cerakote services and can do Form 1 engraving. Not a bad racket at all but all my cerakote work goes to Jim (jcrntx) and will until he retires or decides he doesn't want to do it any more.

I haven't bought just a ton of stuff from Frontsight, one .556 suppressor and a 9" AAC 300 BLK upper, but I'm in there bullshitting with them anytime I find myself in the area with some time to kill (daughter goes to mathnasium and driving school right there so recently I'm in there a lot). Even though I'm not the biggest spender to walk through their door they all remember me by name and treat me like a buddy and I've helped them sell a ton of stuff just by answering customer questions that the staff couldn't.

That's all I ask for in a LGS.

Next time you're in see if Russell (one of the owners) is in and get him to show you his dealer samples. Just prepare for the mind blowing that will ensue.

Top Bottom