TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    There's not much goin on here anyways. Lol

I'll mostly likely never mark it as a destination BUT red flag it as a fly over. Don't want to end up getting a beat down and jail time over a meal or a tank of gas.

firstblood-conflict.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I read the article referenced by the OP. Then I read the guidelines referenced in that article. From that link:

The person who wrote the first blog makes no mention of making a written request to the magistrate. No mention is made of receiving the notice from the magistrate that's required. In fact, he specifically says the 61 days has not yet expired.

This is one of those things, it seems (somebody correct me if I'm worng), where if you just know how to dot the I's and cross the T's, you can get what you want. It's not one of those things where you just waltz into the offices of a law enforcement entity and say "Gimme my guns!" to the receptionist.

Exactly. There is always a process, and anytime you deal the Gubment, you gotta follow their protocol to get what you want.

As London said, if an attorney is involved, he needs to be the one getting the guns back.

c.read

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Braunfels
    Funny y'all are talking about Hell county. My wife was speeding through there she was like 9 over. But I have a CHL and when she got pulled over I told the office I had a gun. He then raised his voice and told me to get out of the car and I said I am unable. He looked at me and said well why cant you. I simply said well sir I lost my legs in the military. He went back to his car then came back gave my wife her license and let us go. So I love Bell county <-- sarcasm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Bout' three months ago. TPD 40cal'ed a guy inside an apartment here. It was a homeless guy, who had a job working for the VA. He had been staying in the vacant apartment for a while. Everybody in the building knew he stayed up there.

Well a dewd who stayed below the apartment(big cry baby). Called TPD over noise. Temple knocks on the door. The guy was a heavy drinker. Short fat latino in fact. The officer out weighed him by an easy 50#. And had a half a foot hight on him also.

The story gos...(all i heard was the shot, the officer yelling~ after~ he shot him. 'Put it down'.) The guy threw a cheap dollar store steak knife at the officer. Supposley hitting him in the leg. So he put a round in his chest.

Questions you might ask yourself. Why didnt the cop use his taser? Or pepper spray? Why didnt he just step back out the apartment, let the fool calm down? Was the officer so afraid of a citizen, he felt the need to discharge his firearm. In an apartment. Where the apartment beside it, under it and across from it....all had people staying in them. This complex was built in 1977. A BB gun would go through the wall. Why not send a dog in? Does a drunk idiot with wanna be ninja knife throwing skills....such a massive threat????

If it had been me. Coming up on a drunk idiot. Throwing a cheap steak knife. I would have beat his arse. Or simply doused his butt down with OC, slammed the door shut. And let his fool arse bake for about 15mins. Then took him alive. If the pepper spray didnt work....the taser would have.

Now before you say it...yes throwing a knife at a cop is a bad idea. But IMHO there was way too many options,tactically, to arrest a drunk. Instead of jumping all the way to the last option of shooting him in a heavy populated area.

This shooting was of corse justified by the powers to be. The guy didnt die. Its just an example of a shoot first mentality of TPD. Not good law enforcement.

The only good thing that came out that was. I got me a pair or paramedic scissors for my tackle box. Hey! They left them behind!

Yes i washed them with some bleach. Geese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol, "40 cal'd a guy", Is that a technical term?

Honestly, I hope if I ever have to use my gun I don't get asked "Why didn't you just use pepper spray or a taser?".

This thread has become a joke, and not even a good one. Tons of stories but very little actual evidence of anything. Oh, and a guy hiding behind a temple PD car with his thumbs up......

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Funny y'all are talking about Hell county. My wife was speeding through there she was like 9 over. But I have a CHL and when she got pulled over I told the office I had a gun. He then raised his voice and told me to get out of the car and I said I am unable. He looked at me and said well why cant you. I simply said well sir I lost my legs in the military. He went back to his car then came back gave my wife her license and let us go. So I love Bell county <-- sarcasm

Because I was messing with it because I had just got some new parts and it was sitting on my lap

Your second post paints a much different picture than the first.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lol, "40 cal'd a guy", Is that a technical term?

Honestly, I hope if I ever have to use my gun I don't get asked "Why didn't you just use pepper spray or a taser?".

This thread has become a joke, and not even a good one. Tons of stories but very little actual evidence of anything. Oh, and a guy hiding behind a temple PD car with his thumbs up......

The jokes Bell County. As for edvidense of the stories within this thread.

http://m.statesman.com/weblogs/the-blotter/2013/jul/24/temple-police-officer-involved-shooting/

^^^ Thats the guy who got '40cal'ed'.

http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/...-scandal-allegations-officials-remain-silent/

^^^ mayor pro tem

http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/...-rangers-and-bell-county-d-a-s-investigation/

^^^ thats the teen they literally mopped the floor with

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6dc_1385369098

^^^ The nightmare of the OP

http://m.kdhnews.com/news/bell-coun...00a-759c-11e2-874a-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

^^^Sheriffs office( their lastest boo-boo)

And i wasnt hiding from the cop. He was on the other side of the car. I was a witness to a domestic disturbance. A woman's baby's daddy ran off with the child. Almost ran her over. So i got pics.

Heres even the scissors I got:

3ehevary.jpg

If you need more 'proof' .....come to Temple. Simply wave at a TPD officer. When he demands you allow him to search your ride. Or he'll tow it.....you'll know you here.

Last edited:

c.read

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Braunfels
    Oh I am not saying it wasn't justified. All I'm saying is I was a threat and he wanted me to get out. Until he realized I didn't have legs and he then is not worried about me anymore. I mean come on it's a gun not a knife. I can still shoot I just couldn't chase him down with a knife. So my point was how great the TPD is

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

http://m.statesman.com/weblogs/the-blotter/2013/jul/24/temple-police-officer-involved-shooting/

http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/...-scandal-allegations-officials-remain-silent/

^^^ mayor pro tem

http://watchdogwire.com/texas/2013/...-rangers-and-bell-county-d-a-s-investigation/

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6dc_1385369098

http://m.kdhnews.com/news/bell-coun...00a-759c-11e2-874a-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

And i wasnt hiding from the cop. He was on the other side of the car. I was a witness to a domestic disturbance. A woman's baby's daddy ran off with the child. Almost ran her over. So i got pics.

3ehevary.jpg

If you need more 'proof' .....come to Temple. Simply wave at a TPD officer. When he demands you allow him to search your ride. Or he'll tow it.....you'll know you here.

Lol, I'm in temple several times a week, wave to cops fairly often. Still no searches, not even in temple.

As to the OPs case, that has been hashed out in several threads and I believe there is a post concerning the course of action required to get the guns returned was not mentioned in the OP or the article. Not doing the paper work can cause problems.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

Temple police officer shoots, wounds suspect | The Blotter | www.statesman.com

TX: City of Temple, Bell County facing new scandal allegations, officials remain silent - Watchdog Wire - Texas

^^^ mayor pro tem

Temple teen's assault calls into question TPD, Texas Rangers and Bell Co. D.A.'s investigation - WatchdogWire - Texas

LiveLeak.com - CJ Grisham, Update 2; Evidence of Police Lying

Bell County Sheriff?s Office training license revoked - News - Mobile Adv

3ehevary.jpg

those fingernails......damn

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Oh I am not saying it wasn't justified. All I'm saying is I was a threat and he wanted me to get out. Until he realized I didn't have legs and he then is not worried about me anymore. I mean come on it's a gun not a knife. I can still shoot I just couldn't chase him down with a knife. So my point was how great the TPD is

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    How were you a threat? Just because you had a gun? A car can be used as a deadly weapon just as easily. I'd be more upset that he wanted you to get out just for having a gun to begin with. The only part that I'm curious about is you say you were playing with the gun and gun parts in the front seat...isn't your pistol supposed to be concealed while in a vehicle? Or was it a rifle/shotgun? Even then-I don't know that I would jump right to wanting you out of the car. Maybe a stern talking about the pistol needing to be put away.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    those fingernails......damn

Lol, right?!

I had checked the oil and airfilter on the truck before the pic. Thinking 'oh no'. My stuffs gotta be clean and shiny. Or Temple PD is gonna bust me for some health and safety code!

Oh well.

No apologies for man hands.

Serious note. I hope the OP does get his firearms back. But it'll cost 5 times the value of the stuff to get them back. By the time its all said and done. He coulda bought 3 or more brand new LaRue's.

The legal processes wheels are greased with $$$. Truth and fairness are very expensive in good ole Bellco. Wonder why they'd rather talk to an attorney vs the citizen? Cause they know he's charging by the hour. The more money they take from you. The less you can fight.

Thats gold in lady justices scale.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom