• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    so by your train of thought, if your urine still contains trace amounts, you're still stoned?

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Quite interesting indeed, especially with respect to decision-making, which is the required of a free society.

“Cannabis appears to continue to exert impairing effects in executive functions even after 3 weeks of abstinence and beyond. While basic attentional and working memory abilities are largely restored, the most enduring and detectable deficits are seen in decision-making, concept formation and planning.”
    Define impaired. I do believe that reduced cognitive abilities persist as long as THC is detectable. Currently that benchmark is set at four weeks.

Does ‘reduced’ = “impaired”? I can’t answer and there isn’t an established standard for THC impairment that I’m aware of.

I meant to quote ZX9 in the second quote, but it doesn't matter much.

The important thing to note about the link is that it shows comflicting conclusions depending on the study. Your quote is from the article, and it is what I noticed as well. However, I noticed it as a counter to my belief along side studies that seem to agree with my conclusion.

In those cases it's important to review the referenced materials and determine what their standards were. Anyone who is pro 2A is well aware of how numbers can be manipulated to support a preconceived conclusion.

In the case of the link I posted it appeared to me that any quote showing support for one side could easily be misleading. I didn't post the link to support a particular side of the argument but as a way for anyone to read the studies and make up their minds which are more or less accurate. For the most part it seems their collective data is somewhat inconclusive.

For example: in one group it states that "users" scored lower before and after work than the control group but doesn't specify the conditions of the control group. I can say with some certainty that I would test poorly at almost anything both early before work, and after work when my brain shuts down and I try to no longer use any higher function to solve difficult issues. I want to relax.

It is a gov article referencing multiple studies and I wouldn't be one to consider that the group that has classified marijuana as one of the worst substances you could ever put in your body to be completely fair and impartial.

I hope to read through the actual studies in the next couple days and not rely on someone else's interpretation.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Man, I am still feeling annoyed at that complete stranger dude’s comments at the store earlier. I think it was really the initial weed part of his comments and not the Trump voter part.

I’m figuring out why it bothered me. For the most part, he was pushy. The couple of comments he made towards my husband were like “you know you’d smoke it if was legal, wouldn’t you?” I don’t really need that thought being a temptation to invite weed into my family life. It prompted me to overreact a bit with my response to him (see the attitude mentioned earlier).

I’m glad the husband didn’t blame me for it, because it was my strong reaction to that that prompted the whole next part of the conversation that led to the yelling in the store (over the Trump voter/ rascist stuff).

I hate being PUSHED to accept the cultural “norm” of it being “not a big deal.” That contrasts with it being a “big deal” to me. That position fights against what I want as my normal life. I don’t want pot in it AT ALL. I don’t really want to have to think about it. The pushiness and the jockeying for acceptance and the wanting us to join in on the joke, oooh, that’s what annoyed me.

Pot becoming more “normalized” in our culture is a real risk to my well being, in many ways (which I could list, but several are probably too personal to discuss) even if I don’t choose to use it. I do feel strongly about that, and believe me, in person, IT SHOWS.

I do understand that the drug war is terrible too, and I get that, that’s been a failure. Not arguing that point.

Just want it to disappear from my radar. Because if it doesn’t, I’ll want to, I’m sure.

I’ve lived with a man in the past (not my husband, before that) who smoked daily. I never got used to the practice or changed my mind about what I thought or felt about it. It infuriated me, seperate from anything otherwise about the person themselves. I have no patience for it. Not super sure exactly why that is, but my thoughts and and feelings about the practice of smoking pot predate that relationship too. It’s super deep-seeded, and I have no real motivation to adjust my attitude about it. I dunno why. I have no memories of any childhood experiences with it... grew up in a family where substance abuse was not an issue...Hmmmmm.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Just read an article that suggests that maybe I am for some reason really rubbed wrong by it being in common use is because I’m all for closed mindedness and status quo power structures.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...recreational-marijuana-drug-policy-reform/amp

“Cannabis can ignite the intellect, engender empathy, and inspire an attention to and reverence for the natural world—which could very well be why those who benefit most from existing petrocapitalist power structures are so terrified by it.”

I just rolled my eyes, Vogue. You’re pretty out of touch. You’ve got me pegged wrong, and anyways, not impressed by your claims.

And again, the tie to voting, below:

“In other words, cannabis isn’t just the next frontier in wellness and an economic bright spot; it’s a conduit for the kind of creative insight that leads to progress. Stoners or not, people interested in any of these things would be wise to vote accordingly.”

No, thanks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just read an article that suggests that maybe I am for some reason really rubbed wrong by it being in common use is because I’m all for closed mindedness and status quo power structures.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...recreational-marijuana-drug-policy-reform/amp

“Cannabis can ignite the intellect, engender empathy, and inspire an attention to and reverence for the natural world—which could very well be why those who benefit most from existing petrocapitalist power structures are so terrified by it.”

I just rolled my eyes, Vogue. You’re pretty out of touch. You’ve got me pegged wrong, and anyways, not impressed by your claims.

And again, the tie to voting, below:

“In other words, cannabis isn’t just the next frontier in wellness and an economic bright spot; it’s a conduit for the kind of creative insight that leads to progress. Stoners or not, people interested in any of these things would be wise to vote accordingly.”

No, thanks.

Reminds me of the society in the book "Brave New World".

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Regardless of where the thoughts came from, the thoughts and ideas are still reflective of what many would say, and I’ve heard these same kinds of arguments before over and over.

The only thing that makes sense to me in terms of my intense and decades long negative reaction to this subject, is that it is some sort of maternal and instinctual response to what I must, I guess, perceive as threat to the culture that I want to live in.
    Living with a marijuana user for years in the past who I otherwise loved didn’t warm me to its graces.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    And to further this analysis of a maternal, self preservation mode... imagine a young couple pushing 30 and desperately hoping/ making efforts to get pregnant.

Despite the “intellectually stimulating” aspects of smoking pot, it’s pretty interesting to discover that your partner maybe didn’t realize that your desperate efforts to create a healthy new life are potentially thwarted by pot’s affect of decreasing sperm count and causing other sperm malformations?

In part, because pop culture normalizes it as no big deal?

I can do without it in any part of my life and those I love, barring some tragic need for medicinal benefits that nothing else will touch.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    "And to further this analysis of a maternal, self preservation mode... imagine a young couple pushing 30 and desperately hoping/ making efforts to get pregnant.

Despite the “intellectually stimulating” aspects of smoking pot, it’s pretty interesting to discover that your partner maybe didn’t realize that your desperate efforts to create a healthy new life are potentially thwarted by pot’s affect of decreasing sperm count and causing other sperm malformations? "

This?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Part of me feels that if people can't figure out that pot has some negative effects, would allowing them to self castrate be such a bad thing?

(This post will probably be taken way too seriously)

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Part of me feels that if people can't figure out that pot has some negative effects, would allowing them to self castrate be such a bad thing?

(This post will probably be taken way too seriously)

Malformed sperm doesn’t necessarily mean castration.

And it’s insulting to insinuate that the information about the harm of marijuana use to sperm as something to be aware of during conception is widely understood by the general public, and the absence of attendance to this information is a marker for “stupid people.” But it’s a funny and cute thing to say, so there is that.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I think many of us are still on the fence when it comes to the legalization of marijuana. I for one can see its medicinal benefits but there will still be health consequences for its use (but far less than opioids!).

As for recreational use, while I am one for the government butting out of peoples' private lives; I still see the negative impact on society legalized marijuana brings. My time in Colorado recently only solidified my belief that it has much far-reaching consequences than many claim. The number of homeless and other indicators demonstrate it negatively touches many who aren't users. I have been traveling to that state for a few years now, and while it was only recently legalized (2014) it was common well before then. While some will claim the following report is biased due to the organization that commissioned it, it was completed using proven data and methodologies that provide clear evidence that recreational use has had a negative impact on Colorado...

https://www.sheriffs.org/sites/defa...ation of Marijuana in Colorado The Impact.pdf

Having been in a position of potentially being drug tested since 1981, I have no opportunity to try the current ways to ingest the drug; but even given the chance it is highly unlikely that I ever would unless a medical condition were to arise where it might (legally) provide relieve. As long as it remains illegal, it remains off-limits with me.

However, given the legality of alcohol--which can have detrimental effects even worse than marijuana--I find it hypocritical of the Federal government to allow one and not the other. We all know why that is, and that makes it all the worse!

All that said, I do believe it won't be long before the Federal government legalizes its use...

Cheers! M2

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Malformed sperm doesn’t necessarily mean castration.

And it’s insulting to insinuate that the information about the harm of marijuana use to sperm as something to be aware of during conception is widely understood by the general public, and the absence of attendance to this information is a marker for “stupid people.” But it’s a funny and cute thing to say, so there is that.

I love it when an intelligent Country Girl, who is not under the influence of Popular Culture, stands up for her principles. I’ve been married to one of these for over 47 years. Ooh-Rah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom