• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tx_transplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Greenville, TX
    So, the bill would do away with the freedom to conceal carry? That a big ball of suck. Open carry is good for many occasions as is concealed for plenty more. Why must they play with our freedoms like this?

No. It was going to legalize open carry just by doing away with the wording for concealed carry.ot actually doing away with concealed carry itself.
    Venture Surplus ad

GunzNBeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Spring, Tx
    Nice list, and wealth of info. As im new to Texas, I wouldnt know this, but whats the odds of the OC bill passing? Is this something that has been tried before and failed? As I have been reading more and more on Texas gun laws, I am in complete shock that we in Indiana have better and more of a "constitutional carry" than the state known as the "free state"and the state where everyone has a gun.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Nice list, and wealth of info. As im new to Texas, I wouldnt know this, but whats the odds of the OC bill passing? Is this something that has been tried before and failed? As I have been reading more and more on Texas gun laws, I am in complete shock that we in Indiana have better and more of a "constitutional carry" than the state known as the "free state"and the state where everyone has a gun.
    Won't happen this year, or next, 2015 is the next year it can come up.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    Won't happen this year, or next, 2015 is the next year it can come up.

Just by way of explaining this comment a little more, Open Carry was not enacted during this regular legislative session. We are now into the second "special called legislative session", which can only be called by the Governor, and which can only consider topics which the governor tells them to consider. Neither the first nor second special sessions have had "gun issues" in general added to the "call".

George Lavender, the State Rep who has filed the Open Carry bill for the past two (maybe more?) legislative sessions, announced that gun issues were requested to not be filed this special session. Texas' Legislature only meets biennially, on the odd-numbered years. Therefore, unless additional special sessions are called, 2015 is the next opportunity to consider Open Carry in Texas.

GunzNBeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Spring, Tx
    Just by way of explaining this comment a little more, Open Carry was not enacted during this regular legislative session. We are now into the second "special called legislative session", which can only be called by the Governor, and which can only consider topics which the governor tells them to consider. Neither the first nor second special sessions have had "gun issues" in general added to the "call".

George Lavender, the State Rep who has filed the Open Carry bill for the past two (maybe more?) legislative sessions, announced that gun issues were requested to not be filed this special session. Texas' Legislature only meets biennially, on the odd-numbered years. Therefore, unless additional special sessions are called, 2015 is the next opportunity to consider Open Carry in Texas.

Thank you for the explanation. I never really OC anyways, I always CC. However im def. Not against OC, and do believe it should be legal and up to the person as to how they want to carry.

Top Bottom