• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This is an ongoing list of bills currently being attended to in the house and senate. These are for the 83rd legislative session for the Texas government (NOT the US government). Your advocacy for each of these bills will help to ensure that they have a full chance to pass. Please contact your representatives and have them support these bills. Don't know your rep? Find out here: Who Represents Me--Home

House Bill 47 (HB 47)

Reduction of CHL class time from a mandated 10 hours to "no less than 4 and no more than 6"

House Bill 508 (HB 508)

Would impose a fine for improper display of 30.06 signage by public entities not deemed off-limits.

House Bill 698 (HB 698)

Would only require CHL applicants to submit digital fingerprints if an L-1 digital fingerprinting location is within a 25 mile radius of their home.

House Bill 700 (HB 700)

Would allow CHL holders to openly carry their handguns. aka "Open Carry Bill"

Senate Bill 182 (SB 182)

Would allow the carrying of handguns by CHL holders on institutions of higher learning. aka "Campus Carry"

House Bill 972 (HB 972)

Would allow the carrying of handguns by CHL holders on insitutions of higher learning. This is the House version of the above SB 182 bill which is in the Senate. aka "Campus Carry"

Senate Bill 299 (SB 299)

Would add protections to an unintentional display of a concealed handgun by CHL holders.

House Bill 48 (HB 48)

Would remove the requirement to take a subsequent renewal course for CHL holders looking to renew their license. Would replace the course with paperwork to be signed.

House Bill 383 (HB 383)

Would remove the ability of someone living in the state of Texas to carry a handgun using an out-of-state issued CHL.

Note: Some people may or may not agree with this bill. Please read it and decide for yourself.

House Bill 572 (HB 572)

Would allow veterans of the armed services to apply for an ID / CHL marked "Veteran" with sufficient evidence of service.

Senate Bill 164 (SB 164)

Would allow veterans of the armed services to apply for an ID / CHL marked "Veteran" with sufficient evidence of service. This is the Senate version of HB 572.

Status: In Committee (Vet Affairs & Military Installations)

House Bill 663 (HB 663)

Would positively change expiration dates and renewal deadlines for members of the armed forces whom are deployed when the license expires.

House Bill 485 (HB 485)

Would reduce the state fee costs for peace officers and members of the armed services (past and present) to $25 for a CHL (initial or renewal), and reduce the cost of replacement IDs by 50%.

House Bill 1078 (HB 1078)

Would allows the carrying of firearms on institutes of higher learning by CHL holders. aka "Campus Carry"

House Bill 223 (HB 223)

Would allow members of the school board whom hold CHLs to carry at school board meetings.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'd started one here: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-legislation/39855-texas-gun-legislation-2013-a.html

The one I keep up is a sticky on AR15.com home section. I'd keep one up here but there didn't seem to be the same amount of interest.

Texas Gun Legislation - 2013 - AR15.COM

Indeed, and thanks.

I wanted to post something in this section so we had something here, and also make a list for myself since I have a number of meetings scheduled next week with my reps and other's reps.

The text is large so I can find it on my iPad fast :)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Some people seem to be against SB299, claiming it removes protections for displaying a handgun to defend yourself.

It's not a perfect list. I know it probably won't happen, but I hope everyone will at least read the bills before blindly following them.

Bear in mind, these bills can still be altered and edited to include God know's what.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Email or call your rep, ask for a meeting.

I usually say I represent thousands and reach millions in the state of Texas. It's about the only way you'll get one to listen to a 20-something early in the session.

A very effective way to do that is either to organize the thousands you claim to represent or to motivate the millions you claim to reach to march on the State Capitol and PACK every available seat in the Legislature, while at the same time standing vigil at every entrance to the Capitol Building happily yielding to every Legislator as you press a pro-gun leaflet into his or her ham handed palm.

A fully packed 2-A audience has the ability to shout down any gun control advocate. This is our State, and the Legislators work for us.

What you say we give it a try?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Visited my rep, whom is a member of the house committee that oversees most of the bills. I dropped off my list of approvals, and disapprovals and talked to his legislative aide about some future bills.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    New open carry bill popped up in the House today. Basically strikes concealed from the law and defines an Unconcealed handgun.
    SECTION 17. Section 411.171, Government Code, is amended by
    adding Subdivision (8) to read as follows:
    (8)"Unconcealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded
    handgun carried upon the person:
    (A)in a shoulder or belt holster that is wholly
    or partially visible; or
    (B)in a scabbard or case designed for carrying
    firearms that is wholly or partially visible.

83(R) HB 1194 - Introduced version - Bill Text

WarhammerTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Open carry and campus carry were mysteriously absent from anti-gun Chairman Joseph Pickett's agenda this week, and they're not yet on his agenda for next week either. Along with John Whitmire and Brandon Creighton they are blocking our Second amenmdment rights in the State of Texas.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Does anybody else think it's wrong that just one person can block something like this?

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    New open carry bill popped up in the House today. Basically strikes concealed from the law and defines an Unconcealed handgun.
    SECTION 17. Section 411.171, Government Code, is amended by
    adding Subdivision (8) to read as follows:
    (8)"Unconcealed handgun" means a loaded or unloaded
    handgun carried upon the person:
    (A)in a shoulder or belt holster that is wholly
    or partially visible; or
    (B)in a scabbard or case designed for carrying
    firearms that is wholly or partially visible.

83(R) HB 1194 - Introduced version - Bill Text

So, the bill would do away with the freedom to conceal carry? That a big ball of suck. Open carry is good for many occasions as is concealed for plenty more. Why must they play with our freedoms like this?

Top Bottom